Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: oil pan weeping

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

oil pan weeping

My truck 04.5 5.9 auto 4x4 reg cab a couple day ago I noticed a small spot of oil on the ground finally and time to look for the leak it looks like it weeping through the side of pan (drivers side) right in the middle.
    I know a new pan is in order; I have a couple of questions 1) if i were to clean it up do you think J B weld would seal it till I have money to change the pan ( i'll post pic when i can )
    2) what is involved in swapping out the pan I know the motor mounts need to be disconnected what i don't know else need to come of or out of the way and what special tools would i need if any.
    Thanks in advance
    Gary

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: oil pan weeping

Hey bud! Sorry to hear of your troubles.... leaks are never fun... Here is a couple videos for you to reference. I hope they help and you can get this taken care of quickly!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud! Sorry to hear of your troubles.... leaks are never fun... Here is a couple videos for you to reference. I hope they help and you can get this taken care of quickly!

Thanks for the great YouTube videos I didn't even think to look there

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yeah man of course!!!

It's easily overlooked but extremely helpful in many situations. Trust me i have had to use them on multiple things LOL!!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes Weeseven, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeseven View Post
    Thanks for the great YouTube videos I didn't even think to look there
    GARY . .. . iF YOU WANT, BRING IT DOWN ON A NICE DAY AND i'LL LOOK AT IT FOR YA. wHEN YOU SEE MY SHOP, YOU'LL KNOW WE CAN FIX IT. LOL ASK ALEX. he drools when he comes in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Yeah man of course!!!

It's easily overlooked but extremely helpful in many situations. Trust me i have had to use them on multiple things LOL!!!
    You never stop amazing me. Take care of my buddy there. Or I'll sick the Texas Hobby mob on ya.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    GARY . .. . iF YOU WANT, BRING IT DOWN ON A NICE DAY AND i'LL LOOK AT IT FOR YA. wHEN YOU SEE MY SHOP, YOU'LL KNOW WE CAN FIX IT. LOL ASK ALEX. he drools when he comes in here.

You never stop amazing me. Take care of my buddy there. Or I'll sick the Texas Hobby mob on ya.
    Thanks you Steve I'll let you know when I get the new pan

Life is a one time offer make the best of it

Gary

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Youtube is my manual helps me alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Darn Weesy I forgot to send you that number. You get it stopped for now?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

WESTEX AUTO PARTS INC. P.O. BOX 1807BIG SPRING, TEXAS 79721-1807432-263-5000

17. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Darn Weesy I forgot to send you that number. You get it stopped for now?
    Yes I patched it up still leaking but not as much I was able to plow all day Sunday only lost a half qt

Gary