Decreasing air intake system pressure drop is always a good idea. But when does the stock air horn become a power bottleneck you can measure on a dyno? I know, it depends. My goal is 600-650 RWHP, daily driver, occasionally towing my boat (4000 lbs) and horse trailer (6000 lbs). I'm at about 510-520 right now with the 2nd Gen swap with SX-E 366 turbo and DRD tuning. I plan to add BDI 1.5 injectors and eventually a stroked CP3 and lift pump, but that's where I HOPE to stop. I know I can easily get above 600 without a better air horn, but could it give me a noticeable (~10+ HP?) bump in power and responsiveness? It's probably a necessity when you're after big power, but that's not me. It's a relatively inexpensive upgrade, but I don't want to throw money away if I'm not going notice it.

As I was looking into this, I found the video and chart below. Banks puts a number of popular intake manifolds on an airflow test bench and turns up the flow rate until there's 10" of water pressure drop across the intake. He records the airflow at that point, and shows how many CFM it flowed above the stock intake manifold at the same pressure drop. Those are the numbers in the chart in the "CFM GAIN" column. Seems like a very legit method, unless they're not telling us something. Interesting chart though (see pic below), which is at about the 10:20 mark in the Banks video. Based on these results and the price, why would people not purchase the Banks? Maybe he's a turd? LOL. Looks like his prices went up since the video was shot. Interested in your thoughts on this as well.

Thanks guys!

My truck details in my signature.

Intake Elbow Shootout.jpg