Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Cummins G56 with P2579 and intermittent MAP Sensor issues.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 Cummins G56 with P2579 and intermittent MAP Sensor issues.

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome and I would love to do that when the time is right. I've got a co-worker that just went with DRD and he can't say enough good about it. I went the EFI route at the time thinking it was the only way to get away from the canned tunes and have a good tune that wasn't just about the smoke and some extra power. I use my truck for work and it's not just for play, so I'd rather have the tunes that work than show some smoke. I'm not a kid anymore and my racing days are behind me. My truck is the way of getting my cattle to the market, 16,000 lbs at a time on the trailer. When the $ is right I will probably being giving DRD a call for the MM3. I didn't realize what I was getting into when I bought my first diesel truck. but it's been fun to be able to "tinker" on a vehicle again like when I was racing stock cars.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyunck51 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and I would love to do that when the time is right. I've got a co-worker that just went with DRD and he can't say enough good about it. I went the EFI route at the time thinking it was the only way to get away from the canned tunes and have a good tune that wasn't just about the smoke and some extra power. I use my truck for work and it's not just for play, so I'd rather have the tunes that work than show some smoke. I'm not a kid anymore and my racing days are behind me. My truck is the way of getting my cattle to the market, 16,000 lbs at a time on the trailer. When the $ is right I will probably being giving DRD a call for the MM3. I didn't realize what I was getting into when I bought my first diesel truck. but it's been fun to be able to "tinker" on a vehicle again like when I was racing stock cars.
    I hear you bud I use my truck for everything also personal and work I love Ray from DRD is a great guy and the MM3 is awesome you won’t be sorry bud once you go that route and have any problems whatsoever and if you do Ray will have it fixed ASAP

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Have you gotten this figured out? If so please share. I have a 12’ with a G56 fully deleted with 4” MBRP turbo back exhaust, EFI LIVE W/ Motor oops tune, GDP intake Horn, edge insight cts2, csp5 switch, Phoenix friction single mass flywheel with a stage 5 620HP 1080ftlb single disk clutch. Some times my boost gauge will read correctly, usually when I first start driving after starting the pick up, sometimes I turn it off and back on at stop light if the gauge quits reading boost. I have found that when the gauge is reading correctly it will show boost up to 35psi but when it’s on “0” and then reads under hard acceleration it will only boost to 20psi and then the rest of the time it reads “0” no matter what. The EB works harder and quicker when the gauge is reading correctly but when it’s not the EB still works just not as hard and takes about 3 to 5 seconds to kick on. Motor oops has no knowledge of this problem but this is the 5th person I have found with this problem. I have no codes showing up at all but you can tell a performance issue between the boost gauge reading and not reading. theres only 2 things I think would be causing this whith no DTC. #1 the turbo veins are sticking or the nozzle or something is rusty/dirty and causing the turbo to not create boost properly so I’m at the point of pulling it out and cleaning it. #2Motor oops did not tune it correctly because if I turn on the post turbo EGT gauge on my CTS2 it reads temp even though it’s deleted and the DPF pressure gauge will read as well and it’s deleted but the post NOx sensors shows “0” as well as the rest of the egt gauges you can view on the Edge CTS2. Motor oops sent me a tune for a automatic the first time and I was not happy with them to say the least. If any one has any input on this issue please help before I pull all my hair out and have to tell motor oops what I think of there ability to tune a standard transmission pick up. Thank you and I hope to get some help on this.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hollenass201,

No I have not figured it out yet. My truck is doing the exact same thing as yours. The one difference I have is the turbo speed sensor over speed DTC. However, everything appears to be ok with the turbo and the sensor. I have had the same response from MotorOps and at this point have just come to the realization I will have to live with the issue until I can afford better tuning from DRD and hopefully that will fix my (and your) issue.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Are you using a stock turbo? What are you boost numbers ?

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Hollenass201 Have you tried uninstalling the tune to see if that may be the problem? I thinking , blown turbo?? If its not the tune then turbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12