Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Cummins G56 with P2579 and intermittent MAP Sensor issues.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2010 Cummins G56 with P2579 and intermittent MAP Sensor issues.

I'm having trouble figuring out the cause of a P2579 CEL reoccurring problem. The back story is I have fully deleted the truck with 4" exhaust, EGR/Cooler Delete, and EFI Live from MotorOps. I have replaced the turbo speed sensor and map sesnor, with no change in the problem. I have also tried several different versions of tunes being uploaded and still have an issue. I do not notice any drive-ability issues when the CEL comes on and all turbo functions seem to be normal. I have a Insight CTS2 to monitor boost but am having an issue with the boost intermittently dropping down to zero while under load and cruising. (This part is causing a bit of a loss of power and loss of aggressiveness in the EBrake but no CEL.) The two issues will happen apart from each other so both don't occur at the same time. However, I know the turbo is spinning and building boost because I can hear it spooling and can obviously feel it kick in while driving. According to the tuner they have never seen this problem in their tuning before and believe that it's a problem exclusive to my truck but I have found a few others that have had these problems but their threads seem to trail off with no real solution or anyone that has found a fix. I am now at a point that I am going to start chasing wires looking for any bad spots or connections. Just figured I would give posting on this form a shot as I have not got anywhere by posting on a few others. If anyone has any ideas at all your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other than these small issues I love my truck and hate having that stupid light stare at me while driving.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 Cummins G56 with P2579 and intermittent MAP Sensor issues.

Did you unhook the batteries for 10 minutes to clear the codes?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks cyunck51 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I changed the batteries out this last fall but they probably weren't unhooked for 10 minutes. Will that do more of a clear than doing it with the autocal or CTS2?

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Maybe theTurbo actuator sticking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cyunck51 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I can't honestly answer that one, this is my first VGT turbo experience. The EB works just fine as long as the MAP sensor isn't "stuck" at 0 boost. I actually just sent my CTS2 back to edge to look at due to an EGT probe issue but lastnight while exiting interstate the EB grabbed hard enough to send my phone sliding off the arm rest at 75 mph. It also seems to release fully when accelerating or after a warm up cycle. (That part gets used alot right now in North Dakota ) So that should say the actuator is freely moving right?

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Wonder if the tuning is wack?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That was kind of my thought too and they sent me an updated csp5 file and i uploaded it with batteries hooked up to a charger to avoid any voltage dips. Made it half a day without the CEL coming on and thought we had it licked, then that dreaded *bing* and light popped up again. . I have to say the MotorOps folks are pleasant to talk with but don't seem to want to find out if it's a glitch in tuning. I've gotten them to tell me once that it has been a problem with the 2010 G56 trucks and the tuning but they won't say it still is.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

That sucks friend.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I would have to agree. I will try unhooking the batteries this evening and see what happens. Can't hurt anything!

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyunck51 View Post
    I would have to agree. I will try unhooking the batteries this evening and see what happens. Can't hurt anything!
    My recommendation is to get rid of it and get the MM3 tuner and tuning from Ray at DRD the best tuner and tuning in the buisness hands down end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cyunck51, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast