Draconian Diesel

Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please Read!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please R

Great. Thank You for the quick reply, Again.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please R

What all changes with the EGRless tune? Exhaust brake is on if you had it on before you shut the truck off...anything else?

Does the egrless tune increase power at all? I thought I read somewhere that it did.

If you run a splitter off of the OBD port, are you able to run the mm3 and another obd device? A BlueDriver obd scanner seems to give more info, specifically regen, than You can find on the mm3. Is this ok?

Can you drive the truck without the mm3 hooked up? Unplugging the obd connection?I assume yes.

How about removing it all together? Is the tune written to the ECU?

Any idea when mm3 will update there stuff to include regen information?

Regen status, EGT3, and maybe DEF usage is really all I’d like to monitor.

The bluedriver obd device allows you to see the percentage full. It doesn’t tell you it’s in regen, but once it hit 100%, EGT’s head north and the truck regen’s.

4. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Also, any changes to the grid heater or the temperatures it kicks on at?

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Ok, so I found this video.

Not recommended using a splitter while programming or running real-time stuff. Is it still not recommended if you’d only be viewing data?

Where the hell is the edit button?

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

This is what I currently monitor on my bluedriver.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E54E0A83-ABDA-4620-845C-10B5A0BE9A43.jpg  

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

And another one. Are you able to turn off the transmission tuning?

10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I heard back from DRD, I’ll answer the questions I asked in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by walker111 View Post
    What all changes with the EGRless tune?
    The EGR is turned off electronically.

Exhaust brake is on if you had it on before you shut the truck off...anything else? The EB has a memory setting, if it was on when you last **** the truck off, it will remain on.

Does the egrless tune increase power at all? I thought I read somewhere that it did.

Yes, you have stock power, 30hp, 60, 90, and 120. They are in the switch menu. Here is a video

If you run a splitter off of the OBD port, are you able to run the mm3 and another obd device? A BlueDriver obd scanner seems to give more info, specifically regen, than You can find on the mm3. Is this ok?

Do not run a splitter. Either the MM3 or BlueDriver device.

Can you drive the truck without the mm3 hooked up? Unplugging the obd connection?I assume yes.

How about removing it all together? Is the tune written to the ECU?

Yes. Once the truck is tuned, it’s tuned. You can remove everything.

Any idea when mm3 will update there stuff to include regen information?

Nope. Up to MM3

Regen status, EGT3, and maybe DEF usage is really all I’d like to monitor.

The bluedriver obd device allows you to see the percentage full. It doesn’t tell you it’s in regen, but once it hit 100%, EGT’s head north and the truck regen’s.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walker111 View Post
    And another one. Are you able to turn off the transmission tuning?
    We can make you a stock trans tune, but we do not recommend that with our tuning. We put trans tuning on the truck to give the best balance of performance, economy, and longevity for the transmissions. We do stretch shift points a tad to help from lugging the transmission.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Jaxonsram liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

We are back at it again and have updated our MM3 Tuner FAQ with a bunch of new content on our website.

Over the next few weeks, we will be updating that page even more which will help newcomers to the tuning world understand what will be best for their application.

Thank you,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Do I need to disconnect/ modify my egr at all when I am running a delete tune? Or does the computer do all the disabling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / 3.42 Rear / Thuren 2.5" Leveling Kit / Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS Steering Stabilizer / 35x12.5x17 M/T Tires / 40" Curved LED Light Bar / Halo Projector HID Headlights / 5% tint

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast