Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks Thanks:  59
Likes Likes:  134
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please Read!

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please R

Quote Originally Posted by boggerdak View Post
    Hey guys. Have you considered writing a "Rumble tune" as an option?

I recently heard a "Rumble tune" that was on an EFi Live/Auto Cal truck. It was only at idle.

That is the sound I would like to have.

The old non VGT sound. I do not care for the whistle tune and the 12V tune seems tempermental (truck needs to be warmed up or will smoke white).

I have already purchased the Lite Option from you.

I would upgrade the tuning package if the sound offering included an at idle, non VGT sound. "Rumble Tune".

Thanks---Pete

Aint sure that can be done cuz of the nature of the VGT.

That which doth not kill me.....

....should RUN!!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

Re: MM3 Tuner Questions and Answers - Newcomers To Cummins 6.7L Tuning World Please R

I am not a tuner that is why I am asking.

My thinking stems from the assumption that the ECM is capable of reading both vane position, throttle position, and wheel speed.

If yes, then can these be correlated?

As in, 0% throttle input + 0 wheel speed would equal 40% VGT open and 0% throttle + any mph would equal normal function, so as to maintain use of the exhaust brake.

I am guessing at the VGT % at idle to make it sound good.

Just used 40% to make my example.

Like I said, I am not a tuner.

I would just like to know if this is possible and if not, why?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boggerdak View Post
    I am not a tuner. That is why I am asking. My thinking stems from the assumption that the ecm is capable of reading both vane position, throttle position, and wheel speed. If yes, then can these be correlated? As in, 0% throttle input + 0 wheel speed would equal 40% VGT open. And 0% throttle + any mph would equal normal function, so as to maintain use of the exhaust brake. I am guessing at the VGT % at idle to make it sound good. Just used 40% to make my example. Like I said, I am not a tuner. I would just like to know if this is possible and if not, why?
    VGT output is based off desired air flow for the engine.

The turbo does what it needs to meet the desired air flow.

Anything less the 50 percent closed at idle presents a decent "rumble".

We have done tunes years ago the locked the VGT down to nearly full open in the low rpm and load range to give a louder sound and the trucks simply ran poorly and dirty.

In this day where you need to limit smoke and have good throttle response, we stay away from doing a "rumble" tune.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #74

Thanks for responding.

Was hoping for the best of both worlds.

I will say that I love the way my truck runs with DRD tunes.

I have a 12' dually that I run the 90hp tune on it daily and tow with the 30hp.

I added a Pedal Commander and only need to run that on Sport 2.

The truck is snappy and pulls like a freight train and I wouldn't give up my exhaust brake for any sound.

7. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #75

User Info Menu

I noticed on my MM3 Tuner switch screen that number 3 option (90hp) that I'm currently running says tow beside or under the 3.

I thought that the 30hp was the tow tune.

Which one is the tow tune?

9. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #76

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dav700 View Post
    I noticed on my mm3 tunner switch screen that number 3 option (90hp) that Im currently running says tow beside or under the 3. I thought that the 30 hp was the tow tune. Which one is the tow tune?
    Ignore the generic labels below the numbers. 0=30HP (Tow) 1=60HP, 2=90HP, 3=120HP, 4=150HP and 5=200 HP.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Deisel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #77

User Info Menu

X2 ^^^^^

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins (DRD), G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights ,35W HID headlights, Lund Attitude Steps w/Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x11.50R18 Falken Wildpeak, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
    2019 Dodge Charger 392 Scatpack Plus

Past- 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone-Star Eco Diesel

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #78

User Info Menu

OK I see.

Thank you,

Dave

15. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #79

User Info Menu

I’m looking at buying a 2019 RAM I got your @DRD lite tunes on my 2016.

When I decide to tune the 19 can I use the same tunes on the 19 or will I need to purchase new program?

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678