Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projector Headlight Parts Needed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Projector Headlight Parts Needed

I have been working on my headlights for a few weeks now and broke both the tabs off my driver side marker amber reflector removing it. I tried to glue it in place and it is pretty much ruined. If anyone has swapped out the clear markers and have a drivers side part laying around and they want to sell, I am willing to pay. I would go clear but I need to have amber reflectors to pass our safety inspections and I already have one sealed up

Help!!!!

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Projector Headlight Parts Needed

Nutz! That's rotten luck.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ok, I'm very vague in knowledge here.
    I do not know if the 2016's and the 2017's headlights are the same or not. But the best prices I've found for headlights are at 1AAuto and they show they cover up to 2016's. https://www.1aauto.com

If they fit the same, you might look there. Would be worth looking into. I've ordered from them in the past, and if you find your part, they get it to you fast.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Have you tried one of those plastic welders as they call it? Basically melts the plastic and you stick it back together?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Ok, I'm very vague in knowledge here.
    I do not know if the 2016's and the 2017's headlights are the same or not. But the best prices I've found for headlights are at 1AAuto and they show they cover up to 2016's. https://www.1aauto.com

If they fit the same, you might look there. Would be worth looking into. I've ordered from them in the past, and if you find your part, they get it to you fast.
    From what I understand is all the projector headlights are the same from 2013 - 2018. I was hoping to find just the reflector and not have to buy the whole light just to get it, if I do I will hunt through the couple of salvage yards for a damaged one. Thanks for the reply, their prices do look pretty good.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Have you tried one of those plastic welders as they call it? Basically melts the plastic and you stick it back together?
    I tried a plastic repair material that I thought would dry clear and it dried white so you can see it through the clear sections of the reflector so the one I have is ruined.

Here is a picture before I tried the plastic repair. Didn't think of the plastic welder, that probably would have worked.

Brent

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ahhhh ok i gotcha now! Dang it! I'm sorry my friend.... I'm sure between all of us we can help get you set up to at least get you passed!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I have been working on my headlights for a few weeks now and broke both the tabs off my driver side marker amber reflector removing it. I tried to glue it in place and it is pretty much ruined. If anyone has swapped out the clear markers and have a drivers side part laying around and they want to sell, I am willing to pay. I would go clear but I need to have amber reflectors to pass our safety inspections and I already have one sealed up

https://i.imgur.com/ZLpRfP3h.jpg

Help!!!!
    Have you tried plastic welding/bounding it? I've done it a few times for head light tabs and it worked great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurbo View Post
    Have you tried plastic welding/bounding it? I've done it a few times for head light tabs and it worked great.

I ruined the lens using a plastic adhesive trying to make it stick in the housing, so welding at this point is not an option. I wished I would have asked before I tried the adhesive because as Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance also mentioned this and it probably would have worked, Thanks for the suggestion.

Brent

16. Likes TonyTurbo liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I ruined the lens using a plastic adhesive trying to make it stick in the housing, so welding at this point is not an option. I wished I would have asked before I tried the adhesive because as Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance also mentioned this and it probably would have worked, Thanks for the suggestion.
    No problem! We live and we learn... sometimes it just cost more then planned.

18. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast