Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Need some help with suspension

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Need some help with suspension

I have a 2014 Ram 2500. It’s usually on the pavement and if off road I’m crawling. Not looking to jump it or anything. I put Thuren front and rear coils and Overland shocks and 37X12.50R20 about 2-3 years ago. It road better then stock. It’s still stiff when unloaded. To the point when people are in the back seat you can hear it in their voice when you hit a bump. I don’t really want to spend 1000 on shocks but if I know they will work I’m not saying I wouldn’t. I am going to add air bags as I pull an open car trailer and it drops the rear 3-4 inches. I am thinking about getting the front and rear track bars from Thuren. Was thinking about getting Thuren front fox and maybe generic fox for the rear and maybe a fox steering damper. Thought about maybe Bilstein 5100s or even Thuren king 2.0s. Anyone have any experience with any of these shocks with Thuren coils. Even on air bags. Looking at air lift ultimate plus kit and would like to have a decent air compressor on board to use for more then the bags. Airing tires train horn be handy to have at the race track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, WyomingHunter liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Need some help with suspension

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks rsabol77 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsabol77 View Post
    I have a 2014 Ram 2500. It’s usually on the pavement and if off road I’m crawling. Not looking to jump it or anything. I put Thuren front and rear coils and Overland shocks and 37X12.50R20 about 2-3 years ago. It road better then stock. It’s still stiff when unloaded. To the point when people are in the back seat you can hear it in their voice when you hit a bump. I don’t really want to spend 1000 on shocks but if I know they will work I’m not saying I wouldn’t. I am going to add air bags as I pull an open car trailer and it drops the rear 3-4 inches. I am thinking about getting the front and rear track bars from Thuren. Was thinking about getting Thuren front fox and maybe generic fox for the rear and maybe a fox steering damper. Thought about maybe Bilstein 5100s or even Thuren king 2.0s. Anyone have any experience with any of these shocks with Thuren coils. Even on air bags. Looking at air lift ultimate plus kit and would like to have a decent air compressor on board to use for more then the bags. Airing tires train horn be handy to have at the race track.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1b78ad0288.jpg

Sweet looking Cummins bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks rsabol77 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey bud! I'll shoot you a pm and we can go over the best options for your truck.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

shoot me a message when you delete some of yours LOL your inbox is full

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #6

Run lower tire pressure if you’re not already. The best thing I did was reprogram my thresholds and I run 50 In the front and 40 in the rear. I have 12 ply load range F nitto ridge grapplers and it’s a world of difference from when they were at 70psi to keep the light off.