Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Homelink problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

Homelink problem

My homelink has been programmed and working since I bought the truck last July. This morning I went to close my garage door and it worked. Then I realized I forgot something and needed to go back inside and it wouldn’t open the door and now nothing is being displayed in the evic when I push a button or try to reset. It does absolutely nothing. Does anyone know what is going on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Homelink problem

Now it’s working. I drove to where I was going and after it sat turned off for a little while it started working. Strange

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Homelink problem

Mine did this too recently. I was backed in right infront of my garage. I turned the truck around and it worked

I think the signal is pushed toward the front of the vehicle and doesn’t travel very far

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab Short Bed w Gooseneck towing prep/Full Metal Jacket spray in Bed liner/TruXedo low profile bed cover

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I gave up on mine. It worked a couple of times, then...nothing.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey98335 View Post
    Mine did this too recently. I was backed in right infront of my garage. I turned the truck around and it worked

I think the signal is pushed toward the front of the vehicle and doesn’t travel very far

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab Short Bed w Gooseneck towing prep/Full Metal Jacket spray in Bed liner/TruXedo low profile bed cover
    Mine wasn’t working at all though. The system itself was dead. It wasn’t even saying channel 1 transmitting. If it has this problem again I’ll try to get the module replaced under warranty.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sometimes mine does not work when parked right in front of my garage door, it still says it is transmitting in the EVIC, works from in the street all the time, I think it is the location combined with the metal door, not sure.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

7. Top Of Page | #7

When mine said it was working, but did nothing it wad my garage owner's poor range my new one has no issues.... usually. Sometimes I do have to push the button a few times, ....

As to nothing showing on the evic check the wiring, could be dirty, or just not making good contact