Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 USB port problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

2015 USB port problems

I've been searching here and Google and can't find an answer. My USB port has juice, but it's intermittent. It comes on and off at a rate that kills my phone faster than charging. I've tried all sorts of silly plug/unplug techniques to no avail. Anybody know anything about this? It's frustrating not being able to charge my phone.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 USB port problems

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I've been searching here and Google and can't find an answer. My USB port has juice, but it's intermittent. It comes on and off at a rate that kills my phone faster than charging. I've tried all sorts of silly plug/unplug techniques to no avail. Anybody know anything about this? It's frustrating not being able to charge my phone.
    Have you checked your cable sometimes the charging cable isn’t worth a crap

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Have you checked your cable sometimes the charging cable isn’t worth a crap
    I have. Multiple cables and not cheapos. Work fine inside, but not in the truck. It worked fine up until a couple months ago.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

4. Top Of Page | #4

I'm seeing a few other sites talk about some usb issues (more in center console) and even though mines not dead, it may not receive enough voltage for some reason. So I'm debating pulling it and tapping a new double 2.1A port into a 12v source.