Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Ball joints

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ball joints

Hello all,

im fixing to run some 22x14 -76 on 37’s on the old 2014 2500... I’ve heard running this set up will mess up ball joint. Does anyone know of a top of the line ball joint that will hold up to this set up? Any input will be helpful.

thanks

jay

2. Likes WyomingHunter, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ball joints

I’m not an expert on this. But of course a set up like this will be alot harder for your ball joints, hubs etc etc. I’m sure there are som joints that will be up for it and last a bit longer. But this is the price for a bad *** looking truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Carli Extreme duty ball joints are guaranteed for life. That being said, they're not cheap either. but if they fail, they'll send you a new set.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

6. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Carli Extreme duty ball joints are guaranteed for life. That being said, they're not cheap either. but if they fail, they'll send you a new set.
    That’s a good thing to know about Carli good info thanks for sharing

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Thanks for the info. I did’nt know you could get ball joints with lifetime guarantee

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

$800... ouch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    $800... ouch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I warned ya!

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

14. Likes walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Mite check into dynatrac also. A little less expensive and I think just as good as carli. My dealership installed these on my 2012, 2500 and said they were very comparable to the carlis they had installed on a truck a week prior to my install. Just my 2 cents.

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The Dunatrac are better for the simple fact they can be rebuilt in the truck, no more pressing them in and out enlarging the holes.
    just a thought. and i also think XRF or something like that are good as well.

17. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post