Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

When I installed my EGR delete I did not like this O-ring connection, being loose and unsupported just did not seem right so I made a bracket tied back to the block. Here is a picture of what I did. I am guessing this is what everyone is talking about.

Don't remember what the original bracket was bolted to , but there was some support there. Mine has not leaked.

If you all are talking about something different, please correct me.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I hummed and hawed on it all day. I'm just even going to risk it and drop the extra $45 on the GDP fitting.

With the wife driving the truck occasionally I'd rather be safe then sorry... Just don't tell her I said that LOL

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

3. Top Of Page | #23

Got the barb on today. Took all of about 5 minutes. I’m gonna grab some coolant in the morning since i pissed so much out last weekend and I’ll report back tomorrow night

5C611B61-2A17-4598-A4F5-F62E6C2410B0.jpg

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

4. Likes Rtetrault, CanDiesel, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I really like that design seems very reliable.

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    When I installed my EGR delete I did not like this O-ring connection, being loose and unsupported just did not seem right so I made a bracket tied back to the block. Here is a picture of what I did. I am guessing this is what everyone is talking about.

https://i.imgur.com/ksfu9Frh.jpg

Don't remember what the original bracket was bolted to , but there was some support there. Mine has not leaked.

If you all are talking about something different, please correct me.
    Nice job looks very well done

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

im in a predicament with the same part but not the o ring. its the barb below that, its leaking and it isn't removable. im thinking a faulty weld....that part is 700 bucks. see my attached picture i highlightedcooler pipe.jpg the leak point.

10. Thanks dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Thake618 - Mine is leaking from the same exact spot. From what I've read there isn't a fix for it other than to replace the entire riser assembly. GDP sells one for ~$500, haven't looked on Geno's yet, but I can't imagine its too far off that, but still better than $700.

Here's the GDP link.
    https://www.glacierdieselpower.com/i...210194-ab.html

Anyone else had this issue or know of any other possible fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    im in a predicament with the same part but not the o ring. its the barb below that, its leaking and it isn't removable. im thinking a faulty weld....that part is 700 bucks. see my attached picture i highlightedcooler pipe.jpg the leak point.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I had the same problem.

I put the factory o ring back in and no problems since.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123