Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

DID ANYONE NEEDED TO REPLACE THE O-RING IN THE COOLANT TUBE AFTER THEY DID A EGR COOLER DELETE? HAD NOTTICE COOLANT UNDER THE TRUCK FOR FEW DAYS NOW AND WAS THINKING IT WAS MY WATER PUMP DUE TO THE BIG RECALL. BUT WHERE THE COOLANT DRIP WASN'T CLOSE TO THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE. COULDN'T FINE THE LEAK..NO WET SPOTS FOUND AROUND THE WATER PUMP AREA..THEN I HAD NOTTICE RIGHT UNDER THE COOLANT TUBE WAS SOME WET SPOTS..PIN POINT THE PROBLEM THAT WAS THE O-RING IN THE DELETE KIT THAT GOES IN THE STOCK COOLANT TUBE MUST GONE BAD. CONTACTED SINISTER DIESEL FOR SOME NEW O-RING..DID ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM??

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

I did read some people having this issue, but I've not had any issue personally. Did you use the stock ring or sinister ring? The few I've read about had leaks with the replacement, but switched back to the stock and had no leaks so I left the stock ring.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is definitely a common problem with that kit. The bracket will sometimes move causing the connector piece to move slightly and pinch the o-ring. After that it's only time that it will start to leak. Most people go for the molded coolant hose from GDP. If you take that o-ring and go to a parts store you can get it replaced as it's a regular o ring. It will definitely help ya fix the leak without spending much money.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, walla2k5, Elliss liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had to replace mine during Christmas traveling. Was in the 20s and my heater quit blowing warm air. Thankfully it was not a hard leak to find and it did it at a truck stop. Topped it off and got a couple of rings from the parts store so i have an extra on hand. The o ring I pulled out that was leaking was completely flat and and time it flexed I guess it leaked.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

smear some vaseline on the o-ring when reinstalling it. Of course it has to be in good shape when pulled out

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes WyomingHunter, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

cant remember if i had used the stock o-ring..but just my replacement in today's mail..

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the feed back..gonna work on this problem this weekend..it's a small leak so i think im good till this weekend..just gonna watch the coolant level daily!

14. Likes WyomingHunter, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had this same problem last fall. I have the HPP kit, and the o-ring that came with the kit was a square style o-ring. Luckily I had saved the parts I deleted, so I just replaced the square o-ring with the much beefier factory o-ring from the cooler. It has held up so far, but I picked up a new o-ring just in case that one fails too.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Seems like it would be nice to have a piece with dual o rings to keep it from rocking side to side and potentially breaking the seal.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jcvititow View Post
    Seems like it would be nice to have a piece with dual o rings to keep it from rocking side to side and potentially breaking the seal.
    The coolant barb from Deviant Race Parts has two O-rings. Something to think about.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

20. Thanks Jcvititow thanked for this post
    Likes Jcvititow, WyomingHunter liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast