Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: COOLANT LEAK/O-RING

Mine started to leak after a bit to I pulled one of the stock o rings from cooler and reinstalled the adapter . No problem since. Personally I think the o rings that come with the kits are not compatible with the new antifreeze. .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. Likes CanDiesel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Mine straight up blew out of the standpipe today. Leaked about 2 gallons of coolant on the highway. Luckily i had a gallon of coolant in the truck so i was able to pour that in the reservoir and limp 20 miles home. I ordered the barb kit on Amazon. That should hold it on

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    Mine straight up blew out of the standpipe today. Leaked about 2 gallons of coolant on the highway. Luckily i had a gallon of coolant in the truck so i was able to pour that in the reservoir and limp 20 miles home. I ordered the barb kit on Amazon. That should hold it on
    Wow, that makes a mess!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

What is this barb kit, happen to have a link?

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

6. Top Of Page | #15

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    What is this barb kit, happen to have a link?
    https://www.amazon.com/COOLANT-Adapt...pter+2009-2016

Ships with Prime, arrives tomorrow. I'll get it on tomorrow night/thursday morning and report back this weekend.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

7. Likes CanDiesel liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Ships with Prime, arrives tomorrow. I'll get it on tomorrow night/thursday morning and report back this weekend.
    That's not a bad set up

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Damn, no shipping to Canada.

I am going to be installing my sinister egr / cooler delete in just over a week. Should I put it off until I can get a barbbed fitting?

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

10. Top Of Page | #18

I am going to be installing my sinister egr / cooler delete in just over a week. Should I put it off until I can get a barbbed fitting?

My issue stemmed from taking the cheap route on the EGR delete kit. I used a delete kit that looks identical to the sinister kit. Everything fit perfect, except for the large bracket. I assume the kit was designed for previous years so the bracket didn’t line up right on my 16. I elected to forego the bracket which was the reason for my hose blowing out. There was nothing holding the fitting in the standpipe besides the o ring on the cnc’d fitting.

I would say go ahead and try the kit and if the bracket doesn’t fit for you either, try to find a way to get the barbed fitting.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

If you're careful when you remove it, you should be able to reuse the factory o-ring from your EGR cooler. The problem seems to be the square O-ring that comes with the delete kit. Mine started leaking after about a year, I still had the EGR cooler in a box with all my deleted parts and used the o-ring off of it. It was a much tighter fit than the square one that came with the delete kit, and so far it's holding.
    The barb kit does look nice, especially the lock plate since the line tends to droop where the delete tube attaches if you don't have the brackets adjusted just right. If mine leaks again I'll probably buy the barb kit.
    So I guess if you don't mind waiting for the barb kit it's probably worth doing it now rather than later, just depends on how impatient you are to get deleted

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

12. Thanks CanDiesel thanked for this post
    Likes CanDiesel liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

You know what, after googling the hell out of this subject it appears that if you just ensure that the bracket is properly installed and you're O ring is good then you will be good to go. I looked at a few pictures of the Sinister kit fully installed and as long as that bracket is good to go and fully backing the hose fitting it should be physically impossible for it to come apart. So that's the key. Properly installed bracket and try and reuse the O ring.

I'm going to hold off on getting that very cool looking fitting from GDP. It is probably overkill if you're running the Sinister kit.

14. Likes Rtetrault liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast