Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drain DEF tank after delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Drain DEF tank after delete?

What did you all do after the DEF delete, did you drain the DEF tank? I'm considering draining it because I read it crystallizes if it sits too long.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 1fstSP thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Md Jeff liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Drain DEF tank after delete?

Best thing to do is drain, a flush of clean water to clean out, let air dry and forget it.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Camp2SeaDoo, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Best thing to do is drain, a flush of clean water to clean out, let air dry and forget it.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    Thank you!
    Let me know how you do it.... I tried to get mine to break loose as it looks like a twist lock on the bottom where the pump is, no dice, probably gonna put it on the lift this weekend and try again, the fill tube is about 6' before it hits the tank and there's a fitting that blocked me from inserting a piece of hose through it... thought about trying to energize the pump and have it empty itself but haven't got that far yet

8. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Md Jeff View Post
    Let me know how you do it.... I tried to get mine to break loose as it looks like a twist lock on the bottom where the pump is, no dice, probably gonna put it on the lift this weekend and try again, the fill tube is about 6' before it hits the tank and there's a fitting that blocked me from inserting a piece of hose through it... thought about trying to energize the pump and have it empty itself but haven't got that far yet
    You just need to pop the twist lock off with a hammer and a flat blade screw driver. Removal is counter-clockwise.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

10. Thanks walla2k5, Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes Md Jeff, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes, definitely drain and flush!! DEF will crystallize very badly, stuff is nasty.

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

12. Likes Md Jeff, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    You just need to pop the twist lock off with a hammer and a flat blade screw driver. Removal is counter-clockwise.
    I'll try it again this weekend, That's the way it looked to me but I couldn't get it to budge, I was starting to cut into the metal tabs...

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I need to do this also, then flush the line out. Any tricks for that operation? Maybe jam a garden hose nozzle in there and give it a blast?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thank you.... got it out, drained, flushed the pump and reinstalled

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Awesome, I will try this on the weekend! Thank you guys.

19. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast