Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drain DEF tank after delete?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Drain DEF tank after delete?

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    You just need to pop the twist lock off with a hammer and a flat blade screw driver. Removal is counter-clockwise.
    Is the twist lock you mentioned on the bottom of the tank around pump assembly? I just popped off the fill tube on the tank, pumped it out and flushed it, but I'd like to clean up the pump like you guys did. Thanks, Brian

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    Is the twist lock you mentioned on the bottom of the tank around pump assembly? I just popped off the fill tube on the tank, pumped it out and flushed it, but I'd like to clean up the pump like you guys did. Thanks, Brian
    That's what I'm thinking. I have a cross brace and a skid plate under mine. Guess I'll need to drop them before I can see up there.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I took mine out. Replaced it with an air compressor and tank.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post

https://i.imgur.com/Mmwc2Roh.jpg
    Nicely done!

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Was that a kit or did u put that together and how long have u had it installed and have u had any problems out of it and do u like the set up. Was looking at doing one for on board air and maybe a horn set.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post

https://i.imgur.com/Mmwc2Roh.jpg
    Nice setup very clean install

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BERT View Post
    Was that a kit or did u put that together and how long have u had it installed and have u had any problems out of it and do u like the set up. Was looking at doing one for on board air and maybe a horn set.
    I put this together myself, bought the tank and compressor based on what I wanted, picked up the pressure switch and fittings and misc parts from various sources, had to make some brackets. I have a fitting for air tools or an inflator, two solenoids one for the air horn and one for a drain. It is controlled by my aux switches in the cab. I am probably going to wire up a pull switch for the horn, hunting for the aux switch when you need to blow the horn is not too good.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

That's what I was thinking all the kits I've seen don't seem to work for me been pricing one together slowly tank size and compressor size. Sorry for gettin off topic but I removed my tank and flushed it out never know who may need parts in the years down the road.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    Yes, I popped the ring off and the pump dropped straight down with a little twist, once I had it out I wiped out the inside of the tank with damp shop towels and flushed the pump in a sink. after that compressed air to help it dry and then I put it all back together, I was at my work shop and didn't want to ride around with the tank open... probably best to air dry everything but I didn't have the time

16. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Md Jeff View Post
    Yes, I popped the ring off and the pump dropped straight down with a little twist, once I had it out I wiped out the inside of the tank with damp shop towels and flushed the pump in a sink. after that compressed air to help it dry and then I put it all back together, I was at my work shop and didn't want to ride around with the tank open... probably best to air dry everything but I didn't have the time
    Thanks Md Jeff, that helps. I will probably also try to flush water or air through the line that runs from the pump over to the SCR, just for good measure.

18. Likes Md Jeff, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast