Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newb exhaust question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Newb exhaust question

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    Sounds good man. Couldn't get the picture to come up. I gotta create an account. But thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just click on the bottom part of the little square box that comes up, where it says "No Thanks, continue to view". It will come up! Microsoft just trying to sell you their Kool-Aid. Go Linux or Apple, Windows is a joke. (I did computer programming in CA for 25 years, I know)

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    Just click on the bottom part of the little square box that comes up, where it says "No Thanks, continue to view". It will come up! Microsoft just trying to sell you their Kool-Aid. Go Linux or Apple, Windows is a joke. (I did computer programming in CA for 25 years, I know)
    This is all I get when I click the link. Maybe it's because I'm using my phone. No big deal, thanks for trying.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    This is all I get when I click the link. Maybe it's because I'm using my phone. No big deal, thanks for trying.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e6d98c673.jpg

Good looking out bud great info to know we really appreciate that kind of info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ah, OK, phones are a different story, looks like tapatalk can't handle a challenge! This is what you'd see on a computer through a web browser:

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ah, OK, phones are a different story, looks like tapatalk can't handle a challenge! This is what you'd see on a computer through a web browser:

I'll check it out when I get home. Now that I have TAPTALK installed. Anytime I got to igotacummins on my phone browser it automatically sends me to the TAPTALK app. Thanks for the help

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Sure, no problem, I will. My son came over and a friend of mine to watch the Jags game and they helped me finish, the over-axle pipe needed four hands. I will post some tomorrow. The guys above were correct, I had to expand the slotted ends sticking out of the muffler, slide them on, then pound them flat around the other tube and tighten the bands.

BTW, I am loving the throttle response, the shifting of the tranny and the sound! MM3 from Double R Diesel and the flo-pro 4" downpipe back, I've just got this giant grin on my face now!
    Here's a link, Titan, to some pics. The one where the exhaust is still in the box, you can see the slits in the tube that comes out of the exhaust. I used some large channel locks to open it up a couple millimeters on both ends so that it would slide over the other tubes. Then after inserting, used a hammer to tap it down flat so that the clamps would go over it. The clamps have half of them wider that go over the piece that is outside the other section. I couldn't finish until my buddy came over to help hold stuff- I actually used a 1x2 oak wood stick with a 3 lb sledge, sitting back where the spare tire was under the bed, while he held it I pounded the stick that was placed where the hangers come off the over-axle piece, which pushed it deep into the muffler and the muffler onto the section in front of it. Then tightened the clamps and bolts in the front and it was done, last piece was the tail pipe.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apek8NzDgAnYjsM8JeFkKKQarkr0Rg

I am not a mechanic at all and it wasn't that bad. I took all the connections off the DEF/DPF/SCR myself, just look at each one and disconnect. Then I unbolted the DEF/DPF and sprayed WD-40 into the rubber hangars and pulled the middle section out first, the rest came out easy after that. I had two jackstands under it so it wouldn't fall while I took the hangars off, as I was alone for that part.
    I unplugged the EGR and throttle valve electric connections, under the hood (See Ray's vids on YouTube) and all is working sweet!

If it asks you to sign in, just click "No thanks, continue to view"
    Anyone with a basic knowledge of mechanics, can apply that to their hands, can do a good job. Sounds like you done good.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes Camp2SeaDoo, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Anyone with a basic knowledge of mechanics, can apply that to their hands, can do a good job. Sounds like you done good.
    Amen, last time I did any serious work on a vehicle was rebuilding a Chevy 350 for a 1970 El Camino in shop class in 1982!

10. Likes walla2k5, Muskiebri liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12