Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newb exhaust question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Newb exhaust question

OK, I'm a newb, I'm installing a flo-pro 1874 4" DP back exhaust with muffler. The muffler has slits in the tubes that exit it on both ends. Looks like I expand on one end and push them in a little on the other end that goes toward the back? Or?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Newb exhaust question

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    OK, I'm a newb, I'm installing a flo-pro 1874 4" DP back exhaust with muffler. The muffler has slits in the tubes that exit it on both ends. Looks like I expand on one end and push them in a little on the other end that goes toward the back? Or?
    I believe that the muffler actually slides over both pieces of pipe that it connects to. I have the same exhaust except in SS absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes Md Jeff, Camp2SeaDoo, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    I believe that the muffler actually slides over both pieces of pipe that it connects to. I have the same exhaust except in SS absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's how mine went together, muffler over on both ends

6. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes Camp2SeaDoo, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir you are correct the pieces with the slits all around the ends are the ones that are made to slide over other sections of the exhaust. Then with the provided clamps they are mae to flex and close at each slit to make a sealed connections.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, RogueDiesel liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you guys, I appreciate your answering! i'm getting there...

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah man of course! No need to apologize my friend. We all start somewhere. That's what we are here for is to help.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Do me a favor and put some pictures up of this. That way I don't have to ask the same question when I do my delete?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Sure, no problem, I will. My son came over and a friend of mine to watch the Jags game and they helped me finish, the over-axle pipe needed four hands. I will post some tomorrow. The guys above were correct, I had to expand the slotted ends sticking out of the muffler, slide them on, then pound them flat around the other tube and tighten the bands.

BTW, I am loving the throttle response, the shifting of the tranny and the sound! MM3 from Double R Diesel and the flo-pro 4" downpipe back, I've just got this giant grin on my face now!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Md Jeff liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Here's a link, Titan, to some pics. The one where the exhaust is still in the box, you can see the slits in the tube that comes out of the exhaust. I used some large channel locks to open it up a couple millimeters on both ends so that it would slide over the other tubes. Then after inserting, used a hammer to tap it down flat so that the clamps would go over it. The clamps have half of them wider that go over the piece that is outside the other section. I couldn't finish until my buddy came over to help hold stuff- I actually used a 1x2 oak wood stick with a 3 lb sledge, sitting back where the spare tire was under the bed, while he held it I pounded the stick that was placed where the hangers come off the over-axle piece, which pushed it deep into the muffler and the muffler onto the section in front of it. Then tightened the clamps and bolts in the front and it was done, last piece was the tail pipe.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apek8NzDgAnYjsM8JeFkKKQarkr0Rg

I am not a mechanic at all and it wasn't that bad. I took all the connections off the DEF/DPF/SCR myself, just look at each one and disconnect. Then I unbolted the DEF/DPF and sprayed WD-40 into the rubber hangars and pulled the middle section out first, the rest came out easy after that. I had two jackstands under it so it wouldn't fall while I took the hangars off, as I was alone for that part.
    I unplugged the EGR and throttle valve electric connections, under the hood (See Ray's vids on YouTube) and all is working sweet!

If it asks you to sign in, just click "No thanks, continue to view"

16. Thanks TITAN thanked for this post
    Likes Md Jeff, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here's a link, Titan, to some pics. The one where the exhaust is still in the box, you can see the slits in the tube that comes out of the exhaust. I used some large channel locks to open it up a couple millimeters on both ends so that it would slide over the other tubes. Then after inserting, used a hammer to tap it down flat so that the clamps would go over it. The clamps have half of them wider that go over the piece that is outside the other section. I couldn't finish until my buddy came over to help hold stuff- I actually used a 1x2 oak wood stick with a 3 lb sledge, sitting back where the spare tire was under the bed, while he held it I pounded the stick that was placed where the hangers come off the over-axle piece, which pushed it deep into the muffler and the muffler onto the section in front of it. Then tightened the clamps and bolts in the front and it was done, last piece was the tail pipe.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apek8NzDgAnYjsM8JeFkKKQarkr0Rg

I am not a mechanic at all and it wasn't that bad. I took all the connections off the DEF/DPF/SCR myself, just look at each one and disconnect. Then I unbolted the DEF/DPF and sprayed WD-40 into the rubber hangars and pulled the middle section out first, the rest came out easy after that. I had two jackstands under it so it wouldn't fall while I took the hangars off, as I was alone for that part.
    I unplugged the EGR and throttle valve electric connections, under the hood (See Ray's vids on YouTube) and all is working sweet!

If it asks you to sign in, just click "No thanks, continue to view"
    Sounds good man. Couldn't get the picture to come up. I gotta create an account. But thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast