Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Ram 2500 transmission questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2014 Ram 2500 transmission questions

I know this issue has probably been beat to death on the forum but I’m trying to figure out what I need to do to get my transmission shifting right. I’ve got full deletes with the RaceME ultra programmer and the 3-4 and 4-5 shift almost seem like it’s slipping. It probably isn’t since it never has went into a limp mode. I’ve got the new Aisin in my ‘18 4500 and it shifts the way a truck should. I’ve wondered about just converting the 2500 to a Aisin. I run the 60hp tune most of the time and the 120hp on occasion. Trying not to have to replace the transmission. Although a Suncoast or a RevMax would suit me fine if y’all have one layin’ around collecting dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Burd liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 Ram 2500 transmission questions

The issue is the box tuning with the RaceME Ultra.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

RaceMe Ultra is just box tunes you need to get Rays custom tuning from DRD

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Rays tunes and transmission tunes for the win! Can't go wrong there and you will be very very pleased you did.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yeah, the box tunes got me deleted a going and I just haven’t really messed with it since I installed everything. I’m starting to think about some custom tunes now. Of course, it would be at the same time I’m considering doing the full delete on my ‘18 4500.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have a 2014 Mega basically same set up as you. The "with the RaceME ultra programmer and the 3-4 and 4-5 shift almost seem like it’s slipping", is it the flaring before shift your describing or something else. If it's the flaring your talking about insure when you loaded the tune you selected transmission tuning then select stock transmission. After I deleted and currently my truck shifts night and day better with the ultra. My flaring is basically gone. I also run my truck in tow and haul mode all the time. 120hp tune 29 max on timing mild spool. I don't hammer on truck

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    I have a 2014 Mega basically same set up as you. The "with the RaceME ultra programmer and the 3-4 and 4-5 shift almost seem like it’s slipping", is it the flaring before shift your describing or something else. If it's the flaring your talking about insure when you loaded the tune you selected transmission tuning then select stock transmission. After I deleted and currently my truck shifts night and day better with the ultra. My flaring is basically gone. I also run my truck in tow and hall mode all the time. 120hp tune 29 max on timing mild spool. I don't hammer on truck
    Yeah, I’m pretty sure it the flaring between shifts and not actually slipping while in gear. My wife’s ‘16 2500 kinda does it and it’s bone stock. It’s just all you hear on her stock truck is road noise from the tires since hers still has the exhaust restriction equipment installed and I have that 5” straight exhaust so all I hear is engine sounds. She says I’m paranoid about every sound I hear a truck make that’s not normal. I call it cautious. And I still have that damn popping in the front end somewhere that I can’t find. One issue at a time.

14. Likes watersupply189, Burd liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I also run in tow/haul all the time. Exhaust brake saves brake pads. I got almost 100,000 miles on my ‘08 4500 brake pads before they were worn out for that very reason.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

If your not, try running her in tow and haul mode and see if that makes a difference for ya, until you decide on custom tuning. Personally I think the shift points in tow and haul mode should be the normal shift points. keeps it from lugging too. Hray. Beat me by a few

18. Likes watersupply189, Burd liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

This popping your talking about... Have you had someone else turn the wheel while you're under the truck?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast