Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  74
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CCV Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #31

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    I will be doing mine soon as well I think I will be looking at these various sizes not sure what size is needed 1/2 inch or 3/4 but they have many sizes
    https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/d.../2012/ram/3500
    That looks alright other than being a bit short to fit over the barb swell and still have enough room for a hose clamp. It's probably not necessary, but the hose clamp makes me feel better. It's definitely 3/4 on the S&B. It's actually pretty tight.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Gutted my CCV filter this morning (13K mile on truck). Also recommend a heat gun to soften up the adhesive. I cut the corners and carefully took it apart like everyone else. There was a little oil in the valley when i removed the filter. The filter media was fairly black and while not dripping, there was oil in it. Enough to moisten your fingers/hands. Another tip: wear some gloves while gutting the filter. The broken pieces of plastic are sharp. I had to bleed once to find that out. ;-) I used a very sharp wood chisel to remove the adhesive. Kind of a pain! But be patient, it'll all come out. I also ditched my S&B CCV filter and opted to run a 3/4" hose down near the passenger shock tower and inserted the end in a hole in the side of the frame. Fired it up and all is good. No CEL, but it's tuned so that probably makes a difference.

4. Likes Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    After reading this thread, I checked my crankcase pressure on my MM3 and when I am on the throttle it jumps to around 37 psi, when light throttle, idle or maintaining speed it is around 0 psi. Does anyone know what the stock pressure is or if this is normal. 37 PSI seems pretty high. I read through the service manual and it does not give normal pressure ranges (If anyone is interested, I can post the service manual information)
    Just gutted mine, 3/4" hose to the frame. Putting around my MM3 shows .00 to .03 psi. When I get up to about 60 mph or so and let off the throttle it jumps to 37 psi. At freeway speed it seems to bounce between .00 or so and 37. Seems kinda odd to me. But I've read some other posts where guys are also getting 37 psi. Must be normal.

EDIT: Was just checking out something else and had my MM3 tuner on WITHOUT the engine running. CC pressure was still bouncing between .00 and 37 psi. I wonder if 37 is the absolute max that can be displayed and 0 and 37 are "overlapping" somehow (for lack of a better description), know what I mean? I'm now skeptical that our crankcases are actually seeing 37 psi! Come to think of it, I wonder if it would even be possible for CC pressure to fluctuate that much that fast?

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Glad to see a few others with the MM3/RaceMe noticing the CC pressure fluctuation... My CCV is fully intact and not rerouted, and hits 37(in the red) often at weird times.

Still waiting to see who's figured out the 13+ mod minus the CEL.....?!

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Question for you, (I see your truck is a 17) so with your CCV delete did you get a check engine light? If so we're you able to get rid of it with the mm3? I have an 18, and I haven't done it yet but I haven't been able to get a clear answer.
    Thank you.

10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

No CEL after CCV-filter delete and running Ray's MM3. Initially tried a 1/2" cpv axle-dump and too much restriction & elbows so after several CEL's went to a straight 3/4" hose and problem solved.

11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Y'all think this would work after gutting the CCV?

https://www.peakdieselperformance.co...-breather-kit/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by AA-R View Post
    Y'all think this would work after gutting the CCV?

https://www.peakdieselperformance.co...-breather-kit/

Honestly, from experience, it’s just going to get your exhaust manifold oily with blow by. Best thing to do in my opinion is the hose down to a hole in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, CzechRooster liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Honestly, from experience, it’s just going to get your exhaust manifold oily with blow by. Best thing to do in my opinion is the hose down to a hole in the frame.

Maybe I will take it one step farther and add a catch can on the frame. I have one on my 98. I don't want my truck to leak oil. It never has and hopefully I can keep it that way

15. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by AA-R View Post
    Maybe I will take it one step farther and add a catch can on the frame. I have one on my 98. I don't want my truck to leak oil. It never has and hopefully I can keep it that way

Sounds like a great plan! If you can, do a step by step with lots of pictures and post it up for us.

17. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast