Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  74
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCV Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

CCV Delete?

I recently installed the s&b CCV delete with the 90 and the little filter. As I’ve been looking online I saw a guy on YouTube say that if you do the delete and leave the CCV filter intact that sits on the head it will cause excessive crank case pressure because it no longer has the vacuum effect from the intake system. I can understand what is he saying but is this true and if so won’t that 90 and little filter leak oil all over my exhaust manifold if I gut the big filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    I recently installed the s&b CCV delete with the 90 and the little filter. As I’ve been looking online I saw a guy on YouTube say that if you do the delete and leave the CCV filter intact that sits on the head it will cause excessive crank case pressure because it no longer has the vacuum effect from the intake system. I can understand what is he saying but is this true and if so won’t that 90 and little filter leak oil all over my exhaust manifold if I gut the big filter.

Yes that’s true. You need to gut the filter inside the valve cover. As for the little filter in the delete kit, I threw that and the elbow away because my cab was filling up with crank case fumes and splattering oil all over the engine bay. I took a 3/4” hose and ran it down along the frame under the cab and that solves those problems. It’ll dribble a little oil from the hose every now and again but it doesn’t bother me.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

3. Thanks Trooper17, Rob See thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Yup I did the same thing as the post above. Gutted the filter and Spent maybe 5 dollars for a 4 ft 3/4 hose and reused some spare clamps I had and ran the hose down to the ground.

5. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, walla2k5, 18Ram liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Same here! Gotta gut the filter. I used a flat head screw driver and some goo gone. It takes a little while to get it all cleaned out but it’s not hard at all.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

7. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Same here! Gotta gut the filter. I used a flat head screw driver and some goo gone. It takes a little while to get it all cleaned out but it’s not hard at all.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    I Should've done it over a trash can:/ made a mess LOL! Also to the OP, a heat gun or hair dryer works great to get the glue off on the edge of the filter. A hair dryer won't melt the plastic but a heat gun might so keep it a good distance away.

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

CCV Delete?

I guess I have to put the stock hose back into the intake for now till I have time to gut the filter. I don’t want to hurt anything having it vented to atmosphere.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

I guess I have to put the stock hose back into the intake for now till I have time to gut the filter. I don’t want to hurt anything having it vented to atmosphere.

Yeah prob best to leave it alone until you have time to gut it. With the restriction (filter) in there still it'll need vacuum to suck the pressure through and would build up more pressure if you just put the filter on. But when you remove the filter the pressure will freely flow from high to low pressure and out of the tube.

12. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Also, be careful when you gut it. It’s very easy to break the corners of the sealing lip off of the filter housing when you’re man handling it, ripping out filter material

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

14. Thanks Trooper17 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

CCV Delete?

There’s not even a single drop of oil in the factory tube that I took out. I guess since the truck is so new the filter that it’s in there is still doing a good job. So I’ll be fine running it to the intake for a little while more.

16. Likes Yamahamod liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

CCV Delete?

I'm curious what I would call the piece that plugs the barb off my S&B intake? I could make something up, but the piece in that kit looks pretty slick. Noticed lots of oil in the tube when I deleted my EGR, so I'm going to be gutting the CCV filter soon.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast