Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  74
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CCV Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyn View Post
    Can you delete the CCV before you tune? Or tune first?

Trey
    2013 Ram Cummins 68RFE 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!
    It didn't throw any codes on my 12. But I think I heard that it did on 13+. I don't think it would throw the truck into limp mode but you'd get a cel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Reyn thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, Rob See, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    It didn't throw any codes on my 12. But I think I heard that it did on 13+. I don't think it would throw the truck into limp mode but you'd get a cel

Same in my 2012 but like you said, ‘13+ May be different!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

4. Thanks Reyn thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

After reading this thread, I checked my crankcase pressure on my MM3 and when I am on the throttle it jumps to around 37 psi, when light throttle, idle or maintaining speed it is around 0 psi. Does anyone know what the stock pressure is or if this is normal. 37 PSI seems pretty high. I read through the service manual and it does not give normal pressure ranges (If anyone is interested, I can post the service manual information)

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    After reading this thread, I checked my crankcase pressure on my MM3 and when I am on the throttle it jumps to around 37 psi, when light throttle, idle or maintaining speed it is around 0 psi. Does anyone know what the stock pressure is or if this is normal. 37 PSI seems pretty high. I read through the service manual and it does not give normal pressure ranges (If anyone is interested, I can post the service manual information)
    Mine does the same thing. Seems normal to me!

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    My 17 is deleted, but haven’t removed any of the EGR stuff quite yet and when I pulled up the pressure on the MM3, it was at either 0 or 37... seemed to jump to 37 around 1800ish RPMs.

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    That rubber cover is what I'm trying to find, but don't know what to call it.

There's almost no chance you've done any damage. I've read that if your filter is clean and changed regularly it doesn't matter. But once there's some oil saturation in the filter, the vacuum is needed. I'm gutting mine because vent to atmosphere worked fine for a lot of years and that filter is just an afterthought to appease the EPA/emissions nonsense.
    I made things easy on myself and just bought a boat plug at Ace. You can get the same thing at Walmart

Just turn it a few times to tighten it up then push the little handle over to lock it down

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I made things easy on myself and just bought a boat plug at Ace. You can get the same thing at Walmart

Just turn it a few times to tighten it up then push the little handle over to lock it down
    That's clever. Didn't even think of that. Should have updated, but I did order 3/4 heater hose cap. Thanks though!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

That's clever. Didn't even think of that. Should have updated, but I did order 3/4 heater hose cap. Thanks though!
    For less than $1 can't complain

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29

CCV Delete?

I deleted my CCV filter this afternoon. Gutting the filter was definitely not easy, but maybe mine was just baked on. Filter media was completely soaked with oil so I'm betting I was close to changing anyway with 66k miles. I vented it to a hole in the frame just behind the passenger side spring. If oil drips in there it has a drain hole back by the transmission cross member and I don't smell it. Anybody see an issue with that? My cc pressure is noticibly lower, idling around 0-0.03 where is was around 0.15.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

18. Likes Rob See, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

I'm curious what I would call the piece that plugs the barb off my S&B intake? I could make something up, but the piece in that kit looks pretty slick. Noticed lots of oil in the tube when I deleted my EGR, so I'm going to be gutting the CCV filter soon.
    I will be doing mine soon as well I think I will be looking at these various sizes not sure what size is needed 1/2 inch or 3/4 but they have many sizes
    https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/d.../2012/ram/3500

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast