Thanks Thanks:  336
Likes Likes:  1,143
Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do On Your Truck Today?

1. Top Of Page | #81
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice man! Yeah that was a downer with my truck was the 341 turbo glad I got rid of it.

2. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Speaking of turbos, I got a 351 from an 06 I can put in my 03. That ought to accelerate my MPG goal

Painted the surface rust behind the front wheels. Tomorrow I'll wet sand and polish. Then I can install the front flares Stupid me. . .didn't click any pics

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #83
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Pics are a must! Ha sounds like you gotta got day ahead do you wet sand your self I wanna wet sand my truck but I'm scared to mess it up

4. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Yeah I do it all

You want to wet sand fresh paint with 1000 grit. Quality paper is a must. Then medium compound, wool pad, at a slow speed with a machine.

Original paint job use quality 1500 Polish with a medium compound, wool pad. Be careful not to cut through the clear.

Follow with a a glaze and foam pad. That takes any residual swirl marks out.

If it's a scratch you can catch with your fingernail, forget it. If you try to sand it out, you'll cut through the clear. You can use a quality shaker clear, wet sand that to blend and polish. It won't make it perfect, but it will hide it. Remember to dewax and grease first. Use a scuff pad on the area or 1500 so the paint has something to stick too. The back of one of those sponges will work, but wash good and dry before applying the clear.

A trick, rinse your hands with some thinner to take the oils out of the surface skin.

Use a block on the flats when sanding. Always try to palm the sand paper, Don't sand an area with your finger tips. It will look wavey

If you're close enough to me, I can show you

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #85
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm in Utah :/ I'm pretty much getting the whole bed repainted, the front fenders repainted, tailgate, repainted, front bumper, and roll pan so I wanted to get the cab wet sanded to make it look as new as the fresh paint is that possible or am I in in the sky?

6. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

I would just run the machine over it unless it;s full if scratches

7. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

I still need to wet sand the bottom of the doors and the cap

NOW YOU CAN PUT THIS ON FACEBOOK JJ

8. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I still need to wet sand the bottom of the doors and the cap

NOW YOU CAN PUT THIS ON FACEBOOK JJ

Will do.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

doesn't that look better?

10. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    doesn't that look better?
    Yes it does. Great job!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast