Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealership trading experience today

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Dealership trading experience today

Without knowning your state of residence or their laws, the dealership, either way, will do what ever they want/can within the law to make as much as they can and not caring about the customer. That's why, when I'm looking for a vehicle, I leave home with a minimum of 3 dealerships addresses in hand and expect to waste a day, or more shoping. If one salesman is an a$$ at the beginning, I don't waste my time and I move on to the next. I know it's not when I drive off the lot the price of the vehicle will drop, but when I sign the paperwork drops in value. So I have to be very happy with the deal, the vehicle and the dealership, for I'm stuck with it either way once I sign. (also don't be to anxious ..)

Is there more than one dealerships in the general area ? If so, go have coffee at the other and see what can happens. I've even traveled to other states in the past and found better deals. (But I have gone back to the prior salesman and politely let them know I did better at another dealership)

They have it where you, the consumer is generally the looser. Just how big a looser is what you have to look out for.

(this was info my uncle gave me years ago ... he was a car salesman)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Without knowning your state of residence or their laws, the dealership, either way, will do what ever they want/can within the law to make as much as they can and not caring about the customer. That's why, when I'm looking for a vehicle, I leave home with a minimum of 3 dealerships addresses in hand and expect to waste a day, or more shoping. If one salesman is an a$$ at the beginning, I don't waste my time and I move on to the next. I know it's not when I drive off the lot the price of the vehicle will drop, but when I sign the paperwork drops in value. So I have to be very happy with the deal, the vehicle and the dealership, for I'm stuck with it either way once I sign. (also don't be to anxious ..)

Is there more than one dealerships in the general area ? If so, go have coffee at the other and see what can happens. I've even traveled to other states in the past and found better deals. (But I have gone back to the prior salesman and politely let them know I did better at another dealership)

They have it where you, the consumer is generally the looser. Just how big a looser is what you have to look out for.

Good info this is the same way my wife and I shop for vehicles also

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Definitely agreed! Fantastic info! I have traveled as far as idaho to dave smith for a truck after calling around to about 30 dealerships all over.

You will get it figured out for sure though my friend. No worries.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I do for sure. Illinois doesn't have emissions laws or testing on passenger vehicles
    Sadly for them I know more about this than they do. Benefits me obviously. The assistant GM kept insisting it had to be put to stock. I went over the IL laws along with most of the other states. He got angry and said all in $23,300 and stormed out since he looked like a fool
    What's worse he came from a Dodge dealership before. Claiming he knows all about programmers and they absolutely need to be hooked up to not have error codes. So I unhooked it and ran it for him with none

One salesman for some reason thought he was selling me a truck. And was a PR*CK on the phone. Telling me he was my point of contact do not talk to anyone else
    So I had them give me someone else I felt comfortable with that didn't act like a cockroach with customers walking in. The guy literally stormed into office nearly crying about why the other guy was helping his customer. Keeping in mind I never once asked for his help

Yes quite a few large dealers. Only thing is making sure they're willing to buy or trade with other dealers for me. Since they don't have trucks in stock to sell me

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The main truck I was trying to get appears to have been sold. I'm going to try and find out if the dealership that lowballed me went and got it. After our deal for it fell apart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12