Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steering issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Steering issue

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I think it’s the same. It’s kind of a pain to get to. Gotta have a long extension and a wobble. I’ll see if I can find a YouTube how-to on it.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    Worth trying. I've had the same thing on mine ever since the tie rod recall was done
    Alignments have been done since then and always good. Wheel is always off center no matter what we do

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Worth trying. I've had the same thing on mine ever since the tie rod recall was done
    Alignments have been done since then and always good. Wheel is always off center no matter what we do

Try this. You’ll still have to straighten the steering wheel with the drag link but this will take the slack out of the steering wheel.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

3. Likes Power247, ICT LPX liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

Steering issue

You may need a better stabilizer to correct for the pull of the aftermarket tires. Some tires cause the truck to pull to the left or right when you’re trying to go straight. Carli makes stabilizers that can correct for either left or right hand pull. I noticed with my truck that it follows the crown of the road though. the only time my wheel is straight is if I’m in the middle lane of a highway. If im the left lane the wheel will be cocked to the right a bit and if I’m in the right lane the wheel will be to the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes bobby.bettinger liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just an update. I decided to crawl under front of truck and see what I could adjust. I’m not quite sure what it is , drag link? It’s connected to my steering. I’ll attach a picture so you guys can see. My truck was driving straight and my steering wheel was cocked to the left quite a bit. I adjusted what I believe is the drag link, rotated it counter clockwise after loosening the nuts. Its connected to the pitmen arm. Tightened everything up and went for a test drive and steering wheel is almost perfect!

7. Top Of Page | #15

Quote Originally Posted by bobby.bettinger View Post
    Just an update. I decided to crawl under front of truck and see what I could adjust. I’m not quite sure what it is , drag link? It’s connected to my steering. I’ll attach a picture so you guys can see. My truck was driving straight and my steering wheel was cocked to the left quite a bit. I adjusted what I believe is the drag link, rotated it counter clockwise after loosening the nuts. Its connected to the pitmen arm. Tightened everything up and went for a test drive and steering wheel is almost perfect! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7e344044b9.jpg

That is the drag link. Make sure you tighten the hell out of those nuts. They like to work themselves loose. I had an alignment done on my truck and they worked themselves loose and threw off the steering adjustment a few days later.

8. Likes bobby.bettinger liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

X2 two alignments on my truck both time jam nuts came loose. Took her into the dealer and they said they see it all the time

10. Likes bobby.bettinger liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12