Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Cleaning aftermarket wheels ?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cleaning aftermarket wheels ?

Ok so I spent about an hour tonight cleaning my wheels tonight and thought there must be an easier way haha

so let’s hear how everyone is doing this. Do you use some sort of spray, or just old fashioned soap and a sponge.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Cleaning aftermarket wheels ?

I get a cheap wheel cleaner from Wally World, spray and hose, soap and soft wheel brush then spray. 3 to 4 minutes per wheel .. done

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks SLVRbullet thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Wheels are easy, 5 - 10 minutes each depending on how dirty with a microfiber mitt and wheel cleaner spray. Tires on the other hand, what a PITA. My Nitto's turn brown I guess they are oxidizing, hard to get rid of that. I picked up some Griots garage rubber prep, tried a small spot and cleaned it off, amazing, but I have not found a couple of hours to do them.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Wheels are easy, 5 - 10 minutes each depending on how dirty with a microfiber mitt and wheel cleaner spray. Tires on the other hand, what a PITA. My Nitto's turn brown I guess they are oxidizing, hard to get rid of that. I picked up some Griots garage rubber prep, tried a small spot and cleaned it off, amazing, but I have not found a couple of hours to do them.
    My Nittos did that too. I always thought it was brake dust building up. I haven't had the Toyos long enough to see if they will do the same.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I used the Griots garage rubber prep and this was the result, right bottom third is the before...

Worked really good, Using this you will need to have lots of rags available, this is a solvent based cleaner and you have to change the towel frequently of you will just push the dirt around. Took about 20 min per tire to get all the oxidation off. Picture does not really do it justice.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Custom Offsets get in on this post.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Thanks Custom Offsets thanked for this post
    Likes Custom Offsets liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

I use custom offsets shoe shine and back to black. If the tires start to get a thick film on it I use a little bit of royal purple or simple green and scrub the tire with a brush.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check out our detailing products here- http://bit.ly/2yzrIwb

our back to black is amazing, makes the tires look brand new, not all greasy and sticky/slimey! Just let it sit for a few hours and let it really soak in!

Shoe Shine makes the wheels look better then brand new, and makes it really pop!

Check out our video of it here-

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

13. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Offsets View Post
    Check out our detailing products here- http://bit.ly/2yzrIwb

our back to black is amazing, makes the tires look brand new, not all greasy and sticky/slimey! Just let it sit for a few hours and let it really soak in!

Shoe Shine makes the wheels look better then brand new, and makes it really pop!

Check out our video of it here-
    That's kind of how I do the factory wheels. When I do them. But once a year, I have to get out some polish to get the baked dust off the stainless. And that's with ceramic pads.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Likes david3gen liked this post