Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil cooler gasket 99 24v 5.9

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oil cooler gasket 99 24v 5.9

Just wanted to know if anyone has done an oil cooler gasket before just wanted to go to do it and make sure nothing was going to pop out from behind the cover thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

did you get er done yet? i'm currently replacing mine on my 1st gen. I've got it all appart, but i'm not sure where this spring goes. the diagram i have isn't realy helping me figure it out either.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I went through a hundred possibilities for the oil cooler and not one breakdown for the oil cooler. Sometimes these factory manuals are useless

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

well the spring went to the cover your oil filter mounts to. Its not the spring for the oil prs reg. I took it to a diesel shop i deal with and he told me it shouldnt be like that, the spring being out. It's supposta be pressed into that cover and it's the oil filter bypass and it was missing the rubber diaphram. so i guess i need to make a trip to the nearest cummins dealer and see if it can be fixed or if i need to shell out for a whole new cover....after i pay the 74 bux for the 2 new gaskets.