Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delete a 17 ram cummins 6.7 ideas

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Delete a 17 ram cummins 6.7 ideas

I have a 2017 ram 2500 6.7. Has a 68RFE tranny. I am planning on deletes.

I am just looking for a single tune and tranny tune. Real time monitoring is not important to me. I plan on doing an Autometer Pyrometer on the pillar. I am from Skiatook, Oklahoma. There is a diesel performance shop just right near me. They delete trucks left and right. https://www.pfdiesel.com/ The tuning I could go with from them is PPEI. What do people think on here. The cost they quoted me is $1599.00 plus tax insatalled. That includes PPEI single tune and tranny tune, EGR delete, 4 inch flo pro delete pipe. (I already have the delete pipe). They offer other tuners and tunes with real time monitoring and multi tunes that cost more.

For me I am deleting for longevity. Not to hot rod. I tow a RV between memorial and labor day. My family and I plan on towing up in the mountains in the yrs to come hence why I got the cummins that is why I would get the autometer pyrometer. The tune I thought about was a tow tune. So everytime I would want a new tune I would have to go back to them to reprogram the computer.

What do you guys think and suggestions

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Delete a 17 ram cummins 6.7 ideas

Welcome friend. Thanks for taking the time to join.

What all tuners have you looked at?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Welcome friend. Thanks for taking the time to join.

What all tuners have you looked at?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Well I am no expert, I am a novice. Well the place I mentioned in my OP would do the install. I dont think I could do it myself. I rather have a diesel shop do it.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlathrop87 View Post
    I have a 2017 ram 2500 6.7. Has a 68RFE tranny. I am planning on deletes.

I am just looking for a single tune and tranny tune. Real time monitoring is not important to me. I plan on doing an Autometer Pyrometer on the pillar. I am from Skiatook, Oklahoma. There is a diesel performance shop just right near me. They delete trucks left and right. https://www.pfdiesel.com/ The tuning I could go with from them is PPEI. What do people think on here. The cost they quoted me is $1599.00 plus tax insatalled. That includes PPEI single tune and tranny tune, EGR delete, 4 inch flo pro delete pipe. (I already have the delete pipe). They offer other tuners and tunes with real time monitoring and multi tunes that cost more.

For me I am deleting for longevity. Not to hot rod. I tow a RV between memorial and labor day. My family and I plan on towing up in the mountains in the yrs to come hence why I got the cummins that is why I would get the autometer pyrometer. The tune I thought about was a tow tune. So everytime I would want a new tune I would have to go back to them to reprogram the computer.

What do you guys think and suggestions
    The best tuner and tuning is by Ray of DRD and the MM3 hands down the best in the buisness

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    The best tuner and tuning is by Ray of DRD and the MM3 hands down the best in the buisness
    I have heard that but hes in the carolinas and I am in oklahoma. I just dont feel comfortable of doing the install myself. I guess that is what people do when they buy from Ray they install it themselves?

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Buy everything from Ray and have the Shop install it. It’s a very simple install, the shop will know what to do.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Buy everything from Ray and have the Shop install it. It’s a very simple install, the shop will know what to do.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

Is that what most people do? So what your saying Rays stuff is the best of the best??

15. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlathrop87 View Post
    I have heard that but hes in the carolinas and I am in oklahoma. I just dont feel comfortable of doing the install myself. I guess that is what people do when they buy from Ray they install it themselves?
    Hello and welcome @andrewlathrop87
    Enjoy our forum !

I just bought my complete MM3 package from Ray, he offers different packages to suit you and your trucks need. I live in Oregon, everything was sent to my home then i had my local shop do the installs including the MM3 Tuner. My shop was extremely busy over the holidays so it will take 3 visits to complete. My last visit will be this Friday to do the EGR delete (finally, yay !) it took them a 1/2 hour to install the MM3 then another 2 1/2 hours to do the deletes then another 2 1/2 for just the EGR delete. If you haven’t already, you can look up Ray on his website (DoubleRDiesel) he is the best in the tuning world. Good luck and keep us posted !!

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

17. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

I did a lot of searching and reading before I chose Double R Diesel. Besides the recommendations from all who have a truck with Ray's tuning and it being obvious that he genuinely cares about making sure every customer gets the best tunes for their vehicle, it was what I didn't see. Almost every other tuner/progammer/chip on the market had at the very least a handful of very poor reviews or poor results (dash lights, error codes, poor running vehicle). The few I saw for Ray all had fast responses with quick accurate fixes (usually a customer's mixup on install) and resulting in happy customers. I didn't find any other places that could offer that kind of service. Now, DRD is not cheap, but you most definitely get what you pay for. That's why I had it all shipped to Wyoming rather than risk getting hosed and left stranded in the middle of nowhere by a company that I couldn't verify. Your local shop may do great work by great people, but I can't verify that and you also get more than one tune in Rays tuning which allows you to switch quickly depending on what you're doing. Best of luck and welcome to this forum!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast