Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: 17 Inch FTE resonator install

1. Top Of Page | #1

17 Inch FTE resonator install

I just installed my 5 inch flo pro exhaust and Double R Diesel tune. Nearly froze to death in the north east doing it. Truck is amazing thanks to Ray. I bought a 17 inch fte resonator how is everyone installing these things I was hoping it would just go in place of the muffler delete and I was to cold to start cutting the exhaust. Is there an easier way to do. Maybe mixing and matching some of the pipe used. Or do I have to cut and section it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 17 Inch FTE resonator install

I have the same exhaust and installed my resonator immediately after the down pipe. I also used the “extra” piece of pipe that came in the box that is used for long beds. FYI it does make a difference where the resonator is placed also. Do yourself a favor and install it after the down pipe for zero cab drone.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Rob See liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Got the same set up. I installed the resonator just before the axle where the 2 sections of pipe meet. It’s been awhile since I’ve done it but I do remember cutting the pipe for the resonator to fit. Was really simple and only took 20 min. Still has a growl without the cab drone

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Thanks for the help guys. I actually saw your video on YouTube 74beeper. I went with my exhaust because of your video.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 74Beeper thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 74Beeper, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I actually saw your video on YouTube 74beeper. I went with my exhaust because of your video.

We just saw it on DRD's FB page and reposted it.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Thanks 74Beeper thanked for this post
    Likes 74Beeper, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

I installed the resonator directly after the downpipe and it worked perfectly. It sounds stock inside the truck and outside has the perfect amount of sound.

12. Thanks RPS2013 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, JoelJr78 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    I installed the resonator directly after the downpipe and it worked perfectly. It sounds stock inside the truck and outside has the perfect amount of sound.
    This is what I want to do as well, but if you cut the pipe and put the resonator in, what did you do about that backlap joint? Or does the resonator fit over the pipe on both ends?

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rconley374 View Post
    This is what I want to do as well, but if you cut the pipe and put the resonator in, what did you do about that backlap joint? Or does the resonator fit over the pipe on both ends?
    No it won’t. You’ll need 2 male ends if my memory is correct

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

It works perfectly because the resonator has two female ends and when you cut the pipe that goes over the trans crossmember you are cutting off one female end and endup with two male ends. Then you just use the extra clamp that comes with the exhaust system unless you had a mega cab or longbed then you don’t have an extra clamp.

18. Thanks Rconley374 thanked for this post
    Likes Md Jeff liked this post