Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission in limp mode 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission in limp mode 68RFE

I haven't been driving the truck for a few days because of this issue . I just drove it to the parts store and when the transmission was cold it shifted 1-2-3-4 then 5 back to 4 . It did that a couple times then the 1-4 shift after that. We stopped at a stop sign then it would only stay in first. Saw my first check engine light (finally!!) Checked it with. The mini Maxx and it said p0700 transmission control system (mil request) I picked up the stuff to drain transmission fluid and change the filter. Was going to wait until I figure out this code to change so I don't have to do it twice. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I also bought the transmission tune this week and it didn't help but I didn't know how much pressure to add and I didn't want to mess anything else up so I said no to all the questions of the transmission tune

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kris6.7 View Post
    I also bought the transmission tune this week and it didn't help but I didn't know how much pressure to add and I didn't want to mess anything else up so I said no to all the questions of the transmission tune
    Who tuned it?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Kris6.7 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

It was from h and s. It's kinda messed up but when you buy a mini Maxx it only tunes the engine. You have to buy the transmission tune separate. It's only like six numbers you have to enter to the mini Maxx and then you can mess with all kinds of stuff in the transmission.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kris6.7 View Post
    It was from h and s. It's kinda messed up but when you buy a mini Maxx it only tunes the engine. You have to buy the transmission tune separate. It's only like six numbers you have to enter to the mini Maxx and then you can mess with all kinds of stuff in the transmission.
    There is no support for that anymore.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Your trans is going into logical limp in mode because it is detecting slipping in the clutches. Time for a rebuild.

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Can you flash back to no tune, pull the trigger and see if you set other codes. For peace of mind the first thing I would do is go to a good Diesel shop and have them check your Clutch volume indexes, CVI. If they are good your tranny is not wrecked. Most likely a valve body or solenoid/sensor issue

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Uncertain if this problem has been resolved however I experienced same issues last September. 1 to 4 shifting too. Resets would work for short periods then throw CEL and 1-4 shifts again. Had 98K miles then. Was thinking $3K/$4K for tranny rebuild as well. Brought it to my dealer service department for diagnostics. Turned out to be a tranny solenoid. $1K parts, labor and filter w/fluid change. Fortunately still had extended warranty. I’ll forward part number on another reply. May be of help to someone in the future.

11. Likes walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Solenoid part number 68376695-AA.

13. Thanks whiskey actual thanked for this post
    Likes whiskey actual, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12