Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked injector line help!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cracked injector line help!!!

Hey guys I was installing a grid heater delete in my 6.7 cummins. I took all the injector lines out except #6 and put them in a box that was sitting on a ledge that's the same height as my truck. Well it fell off when I accidentally hit it with my foot but I didn't think anything of it. So I put the rail and new Delete plate back on and went to start it and fuel everywhere. It's coming from a hole that I could feel on the injector line right above where it connects to the rail. In reference to the rail, it is the second one from the cab, can't remember if it's to injector 5 or 4. Is this a common problem? I also get a rail pressure performance code. I hope it's not the rail pressure sensor that's bad as well.

Update: after 4 hours and a lot of tinkering, I finally fixed the issue. Turns out that one of the tubes wasn't seated perfectly and it was spraying from the bolt to the location I circled making it look as if it were cracked. Last night it appeared that way but when I saw it in daylight and filmed it, I could easily tell. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Cracked injector line help!!!

railpresssens59.jpgHere is an image of where the leak is. Also if anyone knows local common stores that would carry these let me know!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Cracked injector line help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    railpresssens59.jpgHere is an image of where the leak is. Also if anyone knows local common stores that would carry these let me know!
    You are going to have to go to Cummins or to your dealer
    Do you have a Cummins Mid South anywhere near you ? They will definitely have it or will be able to get it pretty quick for you bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Likes david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    You are going to have to go to Cummins or to your dealer
    Do you have a Cummins Mid South anywhere near you ? They will definitely have it or will be able to get it pretty quick for you bud
    The problem is it's my only vehicle and I start classes again on Wednesday. There are two local cummins shops as well as some fleet repair shops but I'm worried they'll have to order it and I'll have to miss classes. Do they usually stock this part?

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The problem is it's my only vehicle and I start classes again on Wednesday. There are two local cummins shops as well as some fleet repair shops but I'm worried they'll have to order it and I'll have to miss classes. Do they usually stock this part?

I don’t know do you have Cummins Mid South Dealer I’ll always deal with them if they don’t have it usually can get it within a day or two bud also check out Thoroughbred Diesel they have OEM parts for Cummins too

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I don’t know do you have Cummins Mid South Dealer I’ll always deal with them if they don’t have it usually can get it within a day or two bud also check out Thoroughbred Diesel they have OEM parts for Cummins too
    I looked all over their website and didn't find injector lines but ill dial them up in the morning and see!

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I looked all over their website and didn't find injector lines but ill dial them up in the morning and see!
    They will have it or get it ASAP bud your going to need your vin and your also going to need your engine serial number that is on stamped plate on side of motor good luck bud

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

They will have it or get it ASAP bud your going to need your vin and your also going to need your engine serial number that is on stamped plate on side of motor good luck bud
    Thanks for the help! What I thought would be a simple install turned in to a troublesome one. Also what about the rail pressure sensor code? Could that be caused by the leak? the code is P0191. Just wondering if the sensor is bad or if it is just where I drained the rail or the leak

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help! What I thought would be a simple install turned in to a troublesome one. Also what about the rail pressure sensor code? Could that be caused by the leak? the code is P0191. Just wondering if the sensor is bad or if it is just where I drained the rail or the leak
    I would say if you didn’t mess with the sensor it’s probably alright but you know there are no absolutes

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I would say if you didn’t mess with the sensor it’s probably alright but you know there are no absolutes
    I never pulled it out but I did move the rail around a small bit and it could've hit something but not sure how fragile these sensors are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast