Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need shocks for ON road!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Need shocks for ON road!

Quote Originally Posted by ywgbandit View Post
    So the weather finally got warm enough to put on the new KYB MonoMax shocks. I have about 1000 miles on them so far and I am very impressed. But then the OEM shocks, at 42,000 miles were totally shot....pure decoration at this point. I could collapse them all in about 1 second pushing with one hand. The KYB's give a much more controlled ride, firm but not harsh and they are valved perfectly IMO. They eat the small bumps and don't bottom on bad potholes. I have not towed with them yet, but the ride when empty is an order of magnitude better than the OEM's. Worth every penny, and if I have the truck long enough I'll buy them again.
    That's good news. I'm glad I had you look at them. Monroe just isn't what they used to be. They only last about 2 years and they're done. I had about 50K on mine and they were in real bad shape. One of them, the shaft just fell into the body. It's hard to tell you have bad shocks on these trucks.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: Need shocks for ON road!

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That's good news. I'm glad I had you look at them. Monroe just isn't what they used to be. They only last about 2 years and they're done. I had about 50K on mine and they were in real bad shape. One of them, the shaft just fell into the body. It's hard to tell you have bad shocks on these trucks.
    Yes, I thank you for the tip Polarco! I have used KYB for years, without knowing it. After doing some research I discovered they have built the front forks and rear shocks on many of the motorcycles I've owned over the years. They are not new to the shock & suspension business that's for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123