Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Measuring drive pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Measuring drive pressure

I'm wanting to know if I'm putting too much turbo into my tunes. Is there a way to measure drive pressure without paying $120+ for a gauge? I'm running a max of 32 psi but I'm more worried about drive pressure at acceleration and cruise range. Just wondering if there is a tell-tale sign that there's too much boost at the wrong time. On a 60 Hp tune I haven't seen EGT's get past 850* under WOT but I haven't towed with it yet so not sure what it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Measuring drive pressure

I'm guessing you have a 2012?

All you need is a gauge setup that will withstand the heat. You can't do it with poly tubing, but copper would work. Compression fitting will be fine. Run the copper across the engine compartment then join it to the poly on the drivers side, That should be enough distance to lose the heat. But you're still going to get up to that 120 when through.

850 is very low. I have a MPG tune and it's not that low. But I can't hold operating temps either. I have to do something to get the temps up

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Measuring drive pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm guessing you have a 2012?

All you need is a gauge setup that will withstand the heat. You can't do it with poly tubing, but copper would work. Compression fitting will be fine. Run the copper across the engine compartment then join it to the poly on the drivers side, That should be enough distance to lose the heat. But you're still going to get up to that 120 when through.

850 is very low. I have a MPG tune and it's not that low. But I can't hold operating temps either. I have to do something to get the temps up
    I've been watching videos about how to make a gauge and I might go on and do it. So are high EGT's a tell tale sign of high cylinder pressure? Or can you have high cylinder pressure no matter what the EGT's are? What hp is your MPG tune or what's been modified in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk