Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED pods for fog lights 03 Dodge

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LED pods for fog lights 03 Dodge

I'm looking to upgrade my fog lights after my bulbs keep going out, I want to put the pods in the fog light holes, so what do i have to do to make them work bracket wise, or the ones that come with it can I make them somehow work,do I need to do some custom ones, any input appreciated.. Attachment 5857 Attachment 5858

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: LED pods for fog lights 03 Dodge

For some reason I can open the attachments. But before you invest money, I'd recommend finding out why they burn out first. I wanted better lighting for the fog lights and just converted to LED's with no issues. Could you have a bad ground ? Frayed wire ? Bad blub fitting ? Switch ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes Dalton528 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I think it's the bulbs, cheap brand possibly, Ill still take a look into it if it's a different problem, I just wanted to have the led pods to go along with the lightbar in my bumper

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton528 View Post
    I think it's the bulbs, cheap brand possibly, Ill still take a look into it if it's a different problem, I just wanted to have the led pods to go along with the lightbar in my bumper
    You do know your're not supposed to handle the glass with your bare hands or rubber gloves

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Dalton528 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes sir I know that

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton528 View Post
    Yes sir I know that
    OK Just checking

I put HID's in mine. They just plug in without a harness. While the headlights need resistors and a harness. I have yet to find an LED bulb for the turn signals. They require the CK style. I wish someone made a plug in resistor for them too. I need another turn signal bulb. Chinese crap

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks Dalton528 thanked for this post
    Likes Dalton528 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tag for info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Rigid has a bracket to mount pods in the fog light openings

https://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46541

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Thanks Dalton528 thanked for this post
    Likes Dalton528 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    OK Just checking

I put HID's in mine. They just plug in without a harness. While the headlights need resistors and a harness. I have yet to find an LED bulb for the turn signals. They require the CK style. I wish someone made a plug in resistor for them too. I need another turn signal bulb. Chinese crap
    Hey bud check out Superbrightleds.com they have LEDs up the butt I’ve bought one hell of a lot of stuff from them great place to deal with they have LEDs turn signal bulbs and everything else you could want or need

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes Dalton528, 4406PACK liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Hey bud check out Superbrightleds.com they have LEDs up the butt I’ve bought one hell of a lot of stuff from them great place to deal with they have LEDs turn signal bulbs and everything else you could want or need
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...SADEgJbc_D_BwE
    Like these

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

16. Likes Dalton528 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast