Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Bumper alignment 4th gen

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bumper alignment 4th gen

Aloha not sure if this was posted but I searched all over and had conflicting answers.

As everyone may or may not know the tow hooks on a 2012 3500srw is attached to brackets that are directly connected to the mounting points from bumper to frame. If you pulled something of decent weight (for me it was a tree across the road and me standing on the bumper to access the rear bolts of the valve cover) the bumper will move downwards. Mine had a 3/4" space of black between the bumper and the panel below the lights. Parked side by side next to another ram my truck looked retarded.

This was so simple, yet so hard LOL.

Just 2 bolts on each side to loosen. It's attached to an adjustable plate.
    20171225_144026.jpg

Why Ram decided to attach our tow hooks to the adjustment plate is just plain retarded LOL.
    20171225_144038.jpg

I loosened the 4 bolts with a breaker bar. Half an hour of yanking and pulling up.... I have a bad back....Swearing and sweating it wouldn't budge. Pulled out my tire jack and wedged my breaker bar under tow hook and practically lifted the front of the entire truck up. It wouldn't budge. I was confused. Was it sticking due to the undercoating? Can't be since the weight of the truck over the jack would have easily broke the seal. I decided to loosen it almost all the way out. Went back to yanking and wouldnt you know... it moved.

Now much better!
    20171225_145854.jpg

My reward for a simple job taking longer than rotating all 4 tires LOL
    20171225_145746.jpg

Mele Kalikimaka! (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian) have an awesome day.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

2. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bumper alignment 4th gen

Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post
    Aloha not sure if this was posted but I searched all over and had conflicting answers.

As everyone may or may not know the tow hooks on a 2012 3500srw is attached to brackets that are directly connected to the mounting points from bumper to frame. If you pulled something of decent weight (for me it was a tree across the road and me standing on the bumper to access the rear bolts of the valve cover) the bumper will move downwards. Mine had a 3/4" space of black between the bumper and the panel below the lights. Parked side by side next to another ram my truck looked retarded.

20171225_144026.jpg

Why Ram decided to attach our tow hooks to the adjustment plate is just plain retarded LOL.
    20171225_144038.jpg

I loosened the 4 bolts with a breaker bar. Half an hour of yanking and pulling up.... I have a bad back....Swearing and sweating it wouldn't budge. Pulled out my tire jack and wedged my breaker bar under tow hook and practically lifted the front of the entire truck up. It wouldn't budge. I was confused. Was it sticking due to the undercoating? Can't be since the weight of the truck over the jack would have easily broke the seal. I decided to loosen it almost all the way out. Went back to yanking and wouldnt you know... it moved.

Now much better!
    20171225_145854.jpg

20171225_145746.jpg

Good job very well done bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks Rob See thanked for this post
    Likes Rob See, walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Well we can't thank you enough for sharing so others don't have to endure the same thing! Hope it went much smoother after that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post

20171225_144026.jpg

20171225_144038.jpg

Now much better!
    20171225_145854.jpg

20171225_145746.jpg

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes walla2k5, Rob See, AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I always wondered about the large gap there....fixing mine this week. Thanks for the how-to !!!

8. Likes Rob See, AnOldBiker liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRbullet View Post
    I always wondered about the large gap there....fixing mine this week. Thanks for the how-to !!!
    Don't forget to reward yourself with a beer or 12. That's a crucial step you don't want to miss LOL.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

10. Thanks SLVRbullet thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Today was the day that I finally made that ugly gap disappear. Wow what a difference. Thanks again for the how to thread !!!

12. Thanks Rob See thanked for this post
    Likes Rob See liked this post