Aloha not sure if this was posted but I searched all over and had conflicting answers.

As everyone may or may not know the tow hooks on a 2012 3500srw is attached to brackets that are directly connected to the mounting points from bumper to frame. If you pulled something of decent weight (for me it was a tree across the road and me standing on the bumper to access the rear bolts of the valve cover) the bumper will move downwards. Mine had a 3/4" space of black between the bumper and the panel below the lights. Parked side by side next to another ram my truck looked retarded.

This was so simple, yet so hard LOL.

Just 2 bolts on each side to loosen. It's attached to an adjustable plate.
20171225_144026.jpg

Why Ram decided to attach our tow hooks to the adjustment plate is just plain retarded LOL.
20171225_144038.jpg

I loosened the 4 bolts with a breaker bar. Half an hour of yanking and pulling up.... I have a bad back....Swearing and sweating it wouldn't budge. Pulled out my tire jack and wedged my breaker bar under tow hook and practically lifted the front of the entire truck up. It wouldn't budge. I was confused. Was it sticking due to the undercoating? Can't be since the weight of the truck over the jack would have easily broke the seal. I decided to loosen it almost all the way out. Went back to yanking and wouldnt you know... it moved.

Now much better!
20171225_145854.jpg

My reward for a simple job taking longer than rotating all 4 tires LOL
20171225_145746.jpg

Mele Kalikimaka! (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian) have an awesome day.