Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muddy looking goo in the coolant bottle.

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Muddy looking goo in the coolant bottle.

No No No No No .... oldman. I never make anyone spend money unless it's their time to buy the next round of drinks. AND it's your turn !!!!!

You're old enough to remember .. In the old days, Chevy lever actuated fuel pumps and Fords water pumps went out about every time you need to do taxes. Ford got better with cleaning process over the decades. But as long as everyone does sand casting for the block, it will always have sand hung up in the inner walls that can, in time, break out and travel in the coolant. Not much, not like sand in the ocean waves on the beach. But one or more grains over time. This will break down and be finer for sanding surfaces. Bearing faces for one. I've changed out my coolant a few times on this truck, and many more on my prior trucks, but the filters have indicated over time that I am happy using them. If I have the time when I pulll the old ones off, I will cut the can open and see what's there. The last filter had a slight amount of gritty debris in 4 areas. I remember this because my wife 'had to see' what I was doing and had to know why.

But like I mentioned above, this does two things I like. It filters the coolant for clean fluids AND I (recommend) putting the coolant outlet from the block between the #5 and #6 cylinder on the head. This allows more coolant flow which helps in cooling that area more. Plus the filters are cheap.

You don't have to do anything. I just wanted you to know what I found over the years .. and you go from there.

After all I learned this from and oldman,
    .. and now I'm and oldman, and if someone reads this and it helps,
    .. when they become and oldman, they can pass it on.
    .. all this from the original old man who taught me ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Thanks kflynn318 thanked for this post
    Likes kflynn318, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hey bud were you able to get the kit? We have them in stock and ready to send out to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    Thank you! I see a few of the kits on line, like the sinister diesel one. Going to order one today.
    Thanks for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud were you able to get the kit? We have them in stock and ready to send out to ya.
    I have not ordered a kit yet. I will more than likely order today or after I come back from vacation next week. But I will for sure order from you.

Thank you “old man” for the info and good new knowledge! I appreciate everyone’s input!

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Awesome! I greatly appreciate it my friend!

I tried to send you a pm but it is saying your messages are full. Shoot me a message when you delete some and i'll get your info.

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    I have not ordered a kit yet. I will more than likely order today or after I come back from vacation next week. But I will for sure order from you.

Thank you “old man” for the info and good new knowledge! I appreciate everyone’s input!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12