Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost finished *** EGR delete kit. coolant line location?

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: Almost finished *** EGR delete kit. coolant line location?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    That is because the 5th and 6th cylinder doesn't get as much cooling as it should. When you are running high power it definitely makes a difference and you will want that fitting moved for sure between 5 and 6. If your just normal driving it should be fine but it would be a good thing to do one day just for more security.

This is why i always like to recommend the full bypass kit and not just the block off plates.

Also if you do high rpm runs the freeze plugs back there could potentially be introduced to some pressure and heat causing failure.
    We'll that's good to know. Glad I did move mine. I'm keeping it pretty modest until I get time to add more. I think studs will be next. Thanks, DDP!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Yes sir of course! Glad i could help. Keep up updated for sure. We love pics and seeing other peoples rides.

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    We'll that's good to know. Glad I did move mine. I'm keeping it pretty modest until I get time to add more. I think studs will be next. Thanks, DDP!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Rob See, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

WYOMINGHUNTER,

How did you get the factory fitting out? I am currently trying to do the same thing and can not for the life of me get that thing loose. My next step is to take the valve cover off so I can get to it with a socket. I have already purchased a stainless barbed fitting to replace the factory one with, now I just need to get the factory one out so I can plug that hole. If either of you have any advice other than pulling the valve cover would be greatly appreciated.

6. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingTravis View Post
    WYOMINGHUNTER,

How did you get the factory fitting out? I am currently trying to do the same thing and can not for the life of me get that thing loose. My next step is to take the valve cover off so I can get to it with a socket. I have already purchased a stainless barbed fitting to replace the factory one with, now I just need to get the factory one out so I can plug that hole. If either of you have any advice other than pulling the valve cover would be greatly appreciated.
    Honestly don't know if you can remove it with the rocker box in place. I already had mine out when I did it and yes, I used a hex bit socket.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

WYOMINGHUNTER,

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

How critical is this relocation to between the rear two cylinders? We just finished the install, got confused on the instructions and just routed the coolant hose to the existing factory barb (between 3-4). Can I leave it like this for a little while?

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
    How critical is this relocation to between the rear two cylinders? We just finished the install, got confused on the instructions and just routed the coolant hose to the existing factory barb (between 3-4). Can I leave it like this for a little while?
    I don't know how critical it is to relocate, the factory had it in a place they felt was good. But it makes sense to re-route the hose between 5-6 for the cooling.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info here.

I guess I could have clicked some buttons below but that just doesn't show my appreciation enough. I'll be doing all this soon and will start my own thread once I do.

14. Likes walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

WYOMINGHUNTER,

Sorry I never replied here. Somehow I stopped getting notifications. To answer you question I didn't remove my valve cover. I used an impact hex on a 3/4 breaker with a large box end wrench cheater. It was a pain, but did break loose. If I remember right, it has red loctite and I think I applied more in the new location. Hope you got it done alright!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12