Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost finished *** EGR delete kit. coolant line location?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Almost finished *** EGR delete kit. coolant line location?

Ok, preface with, I'm no mechanic, but I can guess my way through lots of things which is good since *** wrote their instructions for somebody who knows what they are doing. On top of that, looks like it's written for 2009 or 2010, then they just said "good luck". Frustrated Rant over.
    Do I move the factory fitting to between the 5th and 6th cylinder then plug it's original location? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm reading, but I don't want to get it wrong.

Sorry, haven't updated yet, this is a 2015 2500 6.7

Thanks guys

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Almost finished *** EGR delete kit. coolant line location?

Well I wanted to try to wrap it up, so I just did it. Seems to run. Do I delete this or leave it?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Haven’t gone that far yet....still working overseas. But someone who has done it will chime in soon

4. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDiesel View Post
    Haven’t gone that far yet....still working overseas. But someone who has done it will chime in soon
    Thank you. I went ahead and plugged it between 3 and 4, then moved the stock fitting to between 5 and 6. What a pain to get that guy in tight. So far no leaks or heat issues. Going to try to get exhaust done by myself today.

Also, thanks for your service.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I haven't personally used or installed one of these kits yet but the way i understand it it sounds exactly right. I'll be more then happy to help ya find out today if you would like. I can give them a call and get an exact answer if you haven't already.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I haven't personally used or installed one of these kits yet but the way i understand it it sounds exactly right. I'll be more then happy to help ya find out today if you would like. I can give them a call and get an exact answer if you haven't already.
    I've not contacted them. I'm pretty sure that's what is meant to be done. The directions they send start out great, then occasionally it seemed like a step got skipped or they assume the customer knows the next step. They're better than others, to be fair, but leaves some to be desired. Maybe an update is needed. I've got no codes and my temp seemed fine while I ran it last night. Only thing I'm wondering now is if I plug the factory manifold probe back in or leave it unhooked? I did the EGT probe I got from DoubleRDiesel, but not sure how to get it reading on the MM3. I'm gonna get started on the exhaust now. I'm betting it takes me all day.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I've not contacted them. I'm pretty sure that's what is meant to be done. The directions they send start out great, then occasionally it seemed like a step got skipped or they assume the customer knows the next step. They're better than others, to be fair, but leaves some to be desired. Maybe an update is needed. I've got no codes and my temp seemed fine while I ran it last night. Only thing I'm wondering now is if I plug the factory manifold probe back in or leave it unhooked? I did the EGT probe I got from DoubleRDiesel, but not sure how to get it reading on the MM3. I'm gonna get started on the exhaust now. I'm betting it takes me all day.

I used this hope it's right video

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Should be good. Only difference would be the metal braided line or not. As long as you recieved the right kit you should be good to go! That is definitely a great video to go off of.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Should be good. Only difference would be the metal braided line or not. As long as you recieved the right kit you should be good to go! That is definitely a great video to go off of.
    So in that video, they left the factory fitting where it came. What's the difference in that and moving it to between the 5th and 6th cylinder?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That is because the 5th and 6th cylinder doesn't get as much cooling as it should. When you are running high power it definitely makes a difference and you will want that fitting moved for sure between 5 and 6. If your just normal driving it should be fine but it would be a good thing to do one day just for more security.

This is why i always like to recommend the full bypass kit and not just the block off plates.

Also if you do high rpm runs the freeze plugs back there could potentially be introduced to some pressure and heat causing failure.

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    So in that video, they left the factory fitting where it came. What's the difference in that and moving it to between the 5th and 6th cylinder?

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Rob See thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Rob See liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast