Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check Guages Light

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Exclamation Check Guages Light

So yesterday my check guages light came on and I looked at both my factory guage cluster and my Edge CTS screen with no issues showing. Called the dearler and they said if nothing is showing that it is wrong then just drive it. Not what I wanted to hear. It comes and goes whenever it wants. Sometimes it will shut off and stay off for hours then other times it will shut off and turn back on in seconds. They told me that when it turns off try to watch the guages and see if one (oil preasure, battery voltage, water temp ect.) drops out and comes back up indicating that some type of sending unit is going out. I have all the alarms set on my Edge screen where the factory ones are set and that shows nothing. I'm lost and I am not the type of person that likes to stair at a light on the dash. Please any info you have would be great.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Did you check all the grounds?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

On the battery or where?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jt_cummins View Post
    On the battery or where?
    On the battery to start.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No I haven't but I will.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jt_cummins View Post
    No I haven't but I will.
    Start with the basics I always say.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The thing that sucks with the check guages light VS the check engine is there is no codes to read.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Use a crayon and check each gauge

Why do I get the feeling it might be the EFI?

Ok You've been plowing. Maybe you pulled on something on the frame. Just thinking out loud. The good thing is I know what you have been up to for the last week so the forensics are pretty easy.

We'll figure it out

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well I had my batteries tested this morning and one was kinda weak and the other had a bad cell. So I thought awesome there is my problem. Spent almost $400 on batteries. Light was off. Yes win for me, problem solved. NOT!!!! A mile down the road, ding ding ding light is back on! Any more ideas?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anyone else have any input?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast