Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealership warning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dealership warning

I'd highly discourage anyone from using Bob Ridings in Pana Illinois

I've been going there because prices are reasonable, easy to get appointments and good diesel mechanics

However I just had to change my new water pump this weekend. After chasing down a coolant leak after I fixed my head gasket

I'll try to keep this short

In diagnosing I had them replace my water pump. At which time they installed it UPSIDE DOWN. With the weep hole on the top
    300 miles later still figuring out the HG they told me they realized what they did. And we're fixing it at no cost
    I asked them if there was any chance even with the hole being so small. If it would create a vacuum and pull air into the system and cause further damage. They couldn't give me an answer. Or wouldn't
    So over the weekend I changed my water pump after seeing that's where my leak was. Come to find out. It was because to upper bolt toward the center of the engine was not even finger tight. I put a 1/4" ratchet on it. Expecting to break it free. With 2 finger it turned immediately with absolutely no pressure needed
    The seal wasn't seated and half out of the water pump

Finally I did the HG myself as it was the only thing left. And told them I was since I could. And to save several thousand dollars. Along with not having another vehicle

So today I contacted them about checking my cruise control issue. The service manager tells me immediately he's not interested in working on my truck any longer because I lied about my head gasket. When I asked what he was talking about he said he didn't like being lied to and hung up on me. Mind you I just spent over $400 that was unnecessary and allowed them to do everything I had already done. And felt the repore was good with them

I called back and talked to the store manager. Told him what happened that I'm not a young kid and that I've spent a lot of money with the dealership. That I'll be talking to the owner when he gets back from Florida
    He said he'd talk to the service manager that it didn't seem like him

Do not use Ridings in Pana Illinois

2. Thanks AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Rob See liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dealership warning

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I'd highly discourage anyone from using Bob Ridings in Pana Illinois

I've been going there because prices are reasonable, easy to get appointments and good diesel mechanics

However I just had to change my new water pump this weekend. After chasing down a coolant leak after I fixed my head gasket

I'll try to keep this short

In diagnosing I had them replace my water pump. At which time they installed it UPSIDE DOWN. With the weep hole on the top
    300 miles later still figuring out the HG they told me they realized what they did. And we're fixing it at no cost
    I asked them if there was any chance even with the hole being so small. If it would create a vacuum and pull air into the system and cause further damage. They couldn't give me an answer. Or wouldn't
    So over the weekend I changed my water pump after seeing that's where my leak was. Come to find out. It was because to upper bolt toward the center of the engine was not even finger tight. I put a 1/4" ratchet on it. Expecting to break it free. With 2 finger it turned immediately with absolutely no pressure needed
    The seal wasn't seated and half out of the water pump

Finally I did the HG myself as it was the only thing left. And told them I was since I could. And to save several thousand dollars. Along with not having another vehicle

So today I contacted them about checking my cruise control issue. The service manager tells me immediately he's not interested in working on my truck any longer because I lied about my head gasket. When I asked what he was talking about he said he didn't like being lied to and hung up on me. Mind you I just spent over $400 that was unnecessary and allowed them to do everything I had already done. And felt the repore was good with them

I called back and talked to the store manager. Told him what happened that I'm not a young kid and that I've spent a lot of money with the dealership. That I'll be talking to the owner when he gets back from Florida
    He said he'd talk to the service manager that it didn't seem like him

Do not use Ridings in Pana Illinois
    Appreciate the heads up about such a shitty dealership experience and I would never go back to such a crappy place that does inferior and shitty amateur work

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm planning on stopping there today to talk to the store manager not the shop manager. I have nothing to say to him
    And ask that the money for the water pump install and other money related be refunded

6. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Wow... Sorry to hear about all of this my friend... Hate hearing bad things happen to good folks.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5, Rob See liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I told the store manager I wasn't even going to mention the issue with the water pump not being bolted up completely. Even though I replaced it with a new one to be safe and cost me more money

After being accused of lying about something unknown. And hung up on when I asked what the shop manager was talking about though. I definitely mentioned it and will be asking for a refund
    I'd like the money for the new pump but didn't buy from them

10. Likes AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I'm planning on stopping there today to talk to the store manager not the shop manager. I have nothing to say to him
    And ask that the money for the water pump install and other money related be refunded

I'd also send a letter of concern to the Corporate office with details. I had a complaint when I had a Ford years ago, and I found they sent someone from corporate to the dealership to investigate. I then recieved a letter of apology from the local dealership and a refund check for all I had spent. Might be worth the time.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes walla2k5, protonpow liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I'd also send a letter of concern to the Corporate office with details. I had a complaint when I had a Ford years ago, and I found they sent someone from corporate to the dealership to investigate. I then recieved a letter of apology from the local dealership and a refund check for all I had spent. Might be worth the time.
    I'll type something up thanks

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I called Dodge about it since it's a Dodge dealership

Just left the dealership. Talked to the General Manager in person. Only thing that stood out was it sounds like the service manager apparently thinks I lied about taking my head off and putting it back on before in 1 night
    We talked on the phone before I replaced everything. I told him I took it apart and things looked alright at that point
    When the manager asked me about it. I told him yes I said that. I didn't lie about it
    I pulled everything off and the head was set back on the engine. I didn't check the gasket or reinstall anything. Simply set the head on top to avoid anything getting in the engine

The only thing negative was 2 bolts had some suction and I saw a little coolant on 2 pistons at the time. We didn't discuss that. And at the time could have possibly been from the heater core line

So he called me a lier and refused to service my vehicle yesterday because he thought I liked about doing work on my truck basically

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Once I removed everything completely it was obvious it was a junk gasket of course

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Really hate you have to deal with a bunch of idiots who just completely lie about everything that sucks bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast