Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cruise control

Been having intermittent issues with my cruise control on my 09

I'll turn it on without any problems. Sometimes it will work with no issues. Other times while driving it will randomly disengage itself
    Like tonight driving home it did it and I had to turn it off completely and back on before I could engage it again

I've checked the wiring going to the brake pedal and all appear to be good
    The pedal and brakes don't seem to have any issues
    Pulled the air bag a few days ago to check connections on the switches

Anyone have any other suggestions? Trying to avoid having to set up an appointment and be charged way to much to hook it up to check PIDS for 2 minutes

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Been having intermittent issues with my cruise control on my 09

I'll turn it on without any problems. Sometimes it will work with no issues. Other times while driving it will randomly disengage itself
    Like tonight driving home it did it and I had to turn it off completely and back on before I could engage it again

I've checked the wiring going to the brake pedal and all appear to be good
    The pedal and brakes don't seem to have any issues
    Pulled the air bag a few days ago to check connections on the switches

Anyone have any other suggestions? Trying to avoid having to set up an appointment and be charged way to much to hook it up to check PIDS for 2 minutes
    The cruise control works off of a vacuum system it sounds to me like your loosing your vacuum every now and then

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    The cruise control works off of a vacuum system it sounds to me like your loosing your vacuum every now and then
    I'm assuming they tucked the lines up under a battery tray right

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Lord only knows the answer to that question it would seem logical

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Up until 06 they were vacuum controlled. They had an electric vacuum pump on the 24 Valves. The 12 valves had a vacuum pump. The cruise from 06 on is ECM controlled. When they went to CanBus they had the capability of doing that and because the trucks are drive by wire now. If it has a throttle cable, it's vacuum. If there is no cable, it's ECM

I may be wrong on the 5.9's. But definitely in 08, there was no vacuum control. They don't have any vacuum source at all in them.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you can get a FSM, or are a premium member, see if you can find something in the trouble shooting guide.

I know how it works, and what resources it uses, but that's about it.

Did you possible injure a wire when you worked on the head a while back? It has to get a signal from the speed sensor on the trans. How it does that, I don't know. The info path maybe interrupted.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I was considering that last night. Possibly put to much pressure on a hose or line while leaning over the engine or something
    Going out this morning to mess around under the hood and see if there's anything loose

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Nothing manual on my truck. Checked the service manual to make sure. These years up are all PCM controlled
    Rechecked all connections and ran zip ties over them. Checked to make sure brakes were disengaging. Pedal seems to be solid nothing loose at rest

Going to drive a little this morning. If it keeps doing it I'll have to hook it up to check PIDS

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Up until 06 they were vacuum controlled. They had an electric vacuum pump on the 24 Valves. The 12 valves had a vacuum pump. The cruise from 06 on is ECM controlled. When they went to CanBus they had the capability of doing that and because the trucks are drive by wire now. If it has a throttle cable, it's vacuum. If there is no cable, it's ECM

I may be wrong on the 5.9's. But definitely in 08, there was no vacuum control. They don't have any vacuum source at all in them.
    Thanks bud I wasn’t aware of the change on the cruise control good looking out

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Nothing manual on my truck. Checked the service manual to make sure. These years up are all PCM controlled
    Rechecked all connections and ran zip ties over them. Checked to make sure brakes were disengaging. Pedal seems to be solid nothing loose at rest

Going to drive a little this morning. If it keeps doing it I'll have to hook it up to check PIDS
    Something just came to me.

The body pooter is under the fuse box. Whatever they call that thing. There have been known issues of corrosion in them. Maybe you have a problem under there.

I use a product called SILCHEM on that stuff. It's actually a high voltage Dielectric Grease. But it's like vaseline, just better. Stuff is expensive, but a little bit goes a long way Or you could use just Vaseline. Pull the Body pooter, grease up the points and put it back together. While you're at it, pull the fuses too. Especially the important ones.

Intermittent problems like this are a B(*&ch to find.

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast