Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Fuel Economy?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Poor Fuel Economy?

hmmm i want to say when i had my 2012 with the 3.73 gears i was getting around 14-15. When i deleted i had a 6 inch lift and 35's getting right at 19mpg or a hair less.

You might benefit by taking the intake off and egr and giving it a good cleaning. Will be the cheaper route first. If you just want to get rid of it all that's fine too!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks Cummins20126.7 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    hmmm i want to say when i had my 2012 with the 3.73 gears i was getting around 14-15. When i deleted i had a 6 inch lift and 35's getting right at 19mpg or a hair less.

You might benefit by taking the intake off and egr and giving it a good cleaning. Will be the cheaper route first. If you just want to get rid of it all that's fine too!
    I no longer have an egr but this past summer I pulled the horn off and got as much of the soot out as I could. I might do it again as I feel I didn't do it thorough enough the first time. I'll probably do a throttle valve delete here soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Ah ok i apologize i might have missed that part. Yeah would definitely be worth looking into. Might even take the grid heater out and try and clean in between the grates and what not. Throttle valve delete will help out as well as grid heater delete. There are options to move the grid heater into the throttle valve so that way you get the huge restriction out of the way.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks Cummins20126.7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins20126.7 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    The grid heater is certainly a restriction but I can’t say the fuel economy would suffer that bad if there’s still air flow but I’m not sure. I’ve deleted the CCV and grid heater on mine and run a GDP airhorn. I also have 35s on 20s with 3.73 gears and my EVIC averages around 17 combined. I also hand calculate every fill up as well and it’s about a mile per gallon off but I don’t do a lot of highway driving. Highway driving, EVIC instant fuel economy will read 20-22 mpg cruising at 70 all day long though. I average 10-12 mpg pulling my 10,000lbs travel trailer. Ram doesn’t recommend adjusting the valve lash until 150,000 miles I believe. Wheel bearings are good? You don’t possibly have a brake pad dragging do you?

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    My numbers are almost identical to this except I still have CCV and grid heater in place. If you havent done so, check the MAF as it can also get caked with soot. That was the culprit when my MPGs started to tank a couple years ago. I ordered a replacement from Geno's and kept the original as a spare once I got it cleaned up.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    My numbers are almost identical to this except I still have CCV and grid heater in place. I also recommend checking the MAF as it can also get caked with soot. That was the culprit when my MPGs started to tank a couple years ago. I ordered a replacement from Geno's and kept the original as a spare once I got it cleaned up.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I replaced the MAF sensor a while ago in hopes of fixing this issue but to no avail.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Ah ok i apologize i might have missed that part. Yeah would definitely be worth looking into. Might even take the grid heater out and try and clean in between the grates and what not. Throttle valve delete will help out as well as grid heater delete. There are options to move the grid heater into the throttle valve so that way you get the huge restriction out of the way.
    I think I might just go on and delete the TV and grid heater completely. It doesn't get too cold here in Kentucky so I'm not worried about it. I'll hang on to it just in case I need to put it back in. Do I need to buy new gaskets for the grid heater delete plate?

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

no sir when you buy the grid heater delete it should come with everything ya need for it.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I sent you a pm my friend!

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Hey bud how do you like your GDP airhorn ?
    I do like it! Other than looking cool, it’s got several ports on the back that can be used for different things if you wanted.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    I no longer have an egr but this past summer I pulled the horn off and got as much of the soot out as I could. I might do it again as I feel I didn't do it thorough enough the first time. I'll probably do a throttle valve delete here soon

You're in Kentucky. Winter blend was put out in November
    That will drop mileage anywhere from 2-5 mpg depending on how you drive and modifications

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast