Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: P2121 code APPS issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P2121 code APPS issues

So my 2007 Cummins has been acting up lately. I get a code p2121. I get weird throttle response and goofy shifting. The code reads accelerator pedal position sensor. Anyone had this issue? Tips or tricks? Things to look for or check? I can clear the code and it will be ok for a little while then act up again. I checked my grounds, cleaned them up. Replaced a worn battery cable end. Did an apps relearn. Cleared the code and it still comes back. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P2121 code APPS issues

my first thought is a tps. is this an 07 with a 5.9 or a 6.7? remove any tuner and try after a reset.

P2121-pedal Position Sensor 1 Conformance Error
    P2121 Pedal Position Sensor 1 Performance / Rationality

other notes:
    It is important to initialise the throttle sensor after replacing it.koeo push the throttle pedal to the floor slowly & back up Done.
    But this sounds like something more serious. He needs to check the wiring between the tps/apps & the ecm, if wiring is ok chances are he needs an ecm.If there is a chip in this veh try removing it

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It sounds like to me that your APPS has gone bad or is possibly going bad on the older Gens they are known to wear out and cause problems How many miles do you have ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    It sounds like to me that your APPS has gone bad or is possibly going bad on the older Gens they are known to wear out and cause problems How many miles do you have ?
    I agree. It's a common failure. The parameters from it talk to allot of operations. Not just the throttle control. Those things aren't cheap. Try finding a used one

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Johnny Rivera liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’ve changed the tps, throttle body delete and still experiencing problems once a month. Frustrating.