Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Duramax....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Duramax....

As posted on the igotaduramax:

So here is the deal, Happy cummins owner, on my 2nd duramax work truck 1st was a 14 CCLB dually deleted, and tuned by autowurks in caldwell NJ great truck, now the new one has been a problematic POS the details:

2016 Cab and Chassis 4wd auto trans dual fuel tanks has a B&W and a Rudys Flat bed 100% stock 23K miles

Has been back to the dealer half a dozen times now, work is looking at how to file lemon law in NY or NJ for a commercially registered vehicle

the problems: (with or without a trailer)

1: fuel gauge will randomly go to E and throw a check engine light that has no code noted in the Snap on Modelis

2: wants fuel filter changed, Frequently, as in several times a week last time I drove it, 6 times in 18 miles

3: randomly looses ECM communication U0100 error code

4: randomly throws B3950 (Turn signal circut open) and P2636 (fuel pump b low pressure) errors

5: randomly goes into limp mode with screen showing "Engine performance degraded" (sometimes with check engine light as mentioned above sometimes without a light at all)

6: has just randomly gone from limp mode to dying on side of road. (one case: with only 40 miles into the full tanks of fuel tried to fill it, only took 7 gallons and only in front tank)

This vehicle is one we rely on at work, and has spent a lot of time at the dealer, and we just want it working. Any idea where to look?

What has been done:

2 new tanks with new transfer pump and sending units, along with injection pump (dealer in Rochester NY)

ECU Reflash by dealer: Rochester NY and a NJ Dealer

checked all voltages and tested batteries

took and tested fuel samples

fuel filter is changed with every oil change and has been changed at every trip to the dealer.

Any insight or ideas would be great.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Duramax....

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    As posted on the igotaduramax:

So here is the deal, Happy cummins owner, on my 2nd duramax work truck 1st was a 14 CCLB dually deleted, and tuned by autowurks in caldwell NJ great truck, now the new one has been a problematic POS the details:

2016 Cab and Chassis 4wd auto trans dual fuel tanks has a B&W and a Rudys Flat bed 100% stock 23K miles

Has been back to the dealer half a dozen times now, work is looking at how to file lemon law in NY or NJ for a commercially registered vehicle

the problems: (with or without a trailer)

1: fuel gauge will randomly go to E and throw a check engine light that has no code noted in the Snap on Modelis

2: wants fuel filter changed, Frequently, as in several times a week last time I drove it, 6 times in 18 miles

3: randomly looses ECM communication U0100 error code

4: randomly throws B3950 (Turn signal circut open) and P2636 (fuel pump b low pressure) errors

5: randomly goes into limp mode with screen showing "Engine performance degraded" (sometimes with check engine light as mentioned above sometimes without a light at all)

6: has just randomly gone from limp mode to dying on side of road. (one case: with only 40 miles into the full tanks of fuel tried to fill it, only took 7 gallons and only in front tank)

This vehicle is one we rely on at work, and has spent a lot of time at the dealer, and we just want it working. Any idea where to look?

What has been done:

2 new tanks with new transfer pump and sending units, along with injection pump (dealer in Rochester NY)

ECU Reflash by dealer: Rochester NY and a NJ Dealer

checked all voltages and tested batteries

took and tested fuel samples

fuel filter is changed with every oil change and has been changed at every trip to the dealer.

Any insight or ideas would be great.
    Trade it in and get a Cummins

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Likes F350Cummins liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sounds like a bad earth somewhere....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Trade it in and get a Cummins
    Trust me I would love to. either that or another F550. We have no issues with that truck except the 4.88 gears in it.
    Then again, I am only just beginning to get into the making of those decisions in this office.

Time will tell.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Trust me I would love to. either that or another F550. We have no issues with that truck except the 4.88 gears in it.
    Then again, I am only just beginning to get into the making of those decisions in this office.

Time will tell.
    Congrats on getting promoted

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sounds like your ECM connection is buggered somewhere.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post

Lemon law does not apply as it is registered as a commercial vehicle. NY registered and purchased vehicle.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go