Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceramic Coatings...worth a try for sure.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Ceramic Coatings...worth a try for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Paint correction, lifetime warranty, checked and detailed each year and was $700.00 per vehicle.
    Including a paint correction....I'd say that's a very fair price. There's just no fast way to properly correct paint, unless you have 4 people working at one time with their own random orbital polisher, AND it's only a 1 stage correction. Some vehicles require 3 or more separate steps to get the paint fully and professionally corrected.

Many people would be happy with a properly applied ceramic coating without correction first, IF they were happy with their paintwork as is. Many, if not most, people are pretty happy with a "shiny" car...and they think a "swirl" is a treat at Dairy Queen. LMAO

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Good thread. Needs a bump - surely there are others who have paid for or installed a coating? Would be curious to hear from others doing it themselves.

I have a new (about 100 miles so far) 2500 that I plan to have coated. Im going to be doing it myself using Optimum gloss. I have ordered enough to do my truck, wife car and maybe my Jeep Wrangler. Will update with results/photos.

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    Good thread. Needs a bump - surely there are others who have paid for or installed a coating? Would be curious to hear from others doing it themselves.

I have a new (about 100 miles so far) 2500 that I plan to have coated. Im going to be doing it myself using Optimum gloss. I have ordered enough to do my truck, wife car and maybe my Jeep Wrangler. Will update with results/photos.
    Looking forward to the results.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, PWRWAGN, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Looking forward to the results.
    Here ya go...

The dealership wanted about $1,800 to ceramic coat my truck for me. While there is some work involved especially on a big Mega there is no way I would pay $1,800 for this. I spent a total of about $250 on all supplies (most of which I will be using for the next year or so for general washing and care). The product I used is called Opti-Gloss and while I don't think it is technically a ceramic coating it provides a similar function. The cost for the Opti-Gloss was $87 on Amazon and was enough for me to do my wife Subaru as well as my mega cab. I covered the entire truck including wheels and wheel wells.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For anyone interested I followed the process outlined by a company called cougar chemical. They have 7 videos showing a step by step process from start to finish with the coating. I also bought most of my supplies from them.

I have since washed both my wife car and my truck and washing is easy. It looks and performs like the best wax job you could ever dream of yet it lasts for about two years. I've seen a few spots of bird droppings since the coating and it reacts totally different as does bugs. The bird poop barely stays on - most of it just seems to bounce off. Most of the bug guts seem to fall off and what doesn't can easily be wiped off. The stuff is amazing.

And it looks great!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Derichio02 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    Here ya go...

The dealership wanted about $1,800 to ceramic coat my truck for me. While there is some work involved especially on a big Mega there is no way I would pay $1,800 for this. I spent a total of about $250 on all supplies (most of which I will be using for the next year or so for general washing and care). The product I used is called Opti-Gloss and while I don't think it is technically a ceramic coating it provides a similar function. The cost for the Opti-Gloss was $87 on Amazon and was enough for me to do my wife Subaru as well as my mega cab. I covered the entire truck including wheels and wheel wells.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For anyone interested I followed the process outlined by a company called cougar chemical. They have 7 videos showing a step by step process from start to finish with the coating. I also bought most of my supplies from them.

I have since washed both my wife car and my truck and washing is easy. It looks and performs like the best wax job you could ever dream of yet it lasts for about two years. I've seen a few spots of bird droppings since the coating and it reacts totally different as does bugs. The bird poop barely stays on - most of it just seems to bounce off. Most of the bug guts seem to fall off and what doesn't can easily be wiped off. The stuff is amazing.

And it looks great!

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...1&d=1527790876

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...2&d=1527790876

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...7&d=1527776873

https://www.igotacummins.com/attachm...3&d=1527790876
    Wow, turned out great! Good write up, thanks.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Likes PWRWAGN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Man that looks good. Just got mine 2 weeks ago and have over 600 miles already. Need to get on this sooner than later.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just bought a new megacab and have been looking into getting it coated but they want $2300 for ceramic pro with a lifetime warranty and a $200 yearly inspection and reapply fee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12