Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic Coatings...worth a try for sure.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ceramic Coatings...worth a try for sure.

If any of you are really into paint protection...short of X-Pel or other protective "film"....the ceramic coatings are a great way to get a protective "base" coating on your rig.

I've now ceramic coated my last 6 vehicles and I can say the results are fantastic. Believe it or not, the Simoniz Glasscoat is a great product and easy to apply. The ceramic coatings available have exploded over the past 2 years, but my advice is to avoid real cheap eBay-type coatings, as they are inferior.

I'd say the big players are, in no specific order..Chemical Guys, Adams, Simoniz Glasscoat, C-Quarts, Opti Coat, and a few others.

There are some things you have to do first, with the most important being..making sure you are happy with the vehicle finish prior to coating, because the ceramic coating is a semi-permanent coating, and will "lock in" any paint imperfections such as swirls.

Also, I can stress the importance of knowing what you're doing prior to tackling a ceramic coating. It IS super easy, you just have to pay attention to the process. Youtube, and detail websites are very helpful.

And, for all of us wax/sealant junkies out there...you can wax/seal over a cured ceramic coating to your heart's desire...AND you can ceramic coat over protective films.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on ceramic coatings, if I can!

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ceramic Coatings...worth a try for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    If any of you are really into paint protection...short of X-Pel or other protective "film"....the ceramic coatings are a great way to get a protective "base" coating on your rig.

I've now ceramic coated my last 6 vehicles and I can say the results are fantastic. Believe it or not, the Simoniz Glasscoat is a great product and easy to apply. The ceramic coating available have exploded over the past 2 years, but my advice is to avoid real cheap eBay-type coatings, as they are inferior.

I'd say the big players are, in no specific order..Chemical Guys, Adams, Simoniz Glasscoat, C-Quarts, Opti Coat, and a few others.

There are some things you have to do first, with the most important being..making sure you are happy with the vehicle finish prior to coating, because the ceramic coating is a semi-permanent coating, and will "lock in" any paint imperfections such as swirls.

Also, I can stress the importance of knowing what you're doing prior to tackling a ceramic coating. It IS super easy, you just have to pay attention to the process. Youtube, and detail websites are very helpful.

And, for all of us wax/sealant junkies out there...you can wax/seal over a cured ceramic coating to your heart's desire...AND you can ceramic coat over protective films.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on ceramic coatings, if I can!
    Good info thanks for that

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

All of our vehicles have been ceramic coated from Zach at To The Limit Motorsports and all we can say is that stuff is amazing.

https://www.tothelimitmotorsportzsho...ramic-coating/

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes NC4stroker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

In my experience, ceramics will give you some light scratch and swirl protection. Of course they won't prevent hard impact/friction scratches and swirls....BUT, for those who may occasionally run through a car wash, or let the "local" guy wash your car, the ceramics will help keep swirls to a minimum.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

8. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    All of our vehicles have been ceramic coated from Zach at To The Limit Motorsports and all we can say is that stuff is amazing.

You make a good point...get a reputable detailer to apply your ceramic, if you're not gonna do it yourself. I am very hesitant to allow any dealership to do it, as my neighbor had a totally botched job applied at the local dealership. And a botched ceramic job is absolutely awful!!!

Also, make sure the price you pay is decent. If you have a car with doesn't require "correction" before the ceramic, judge detailer price on being able to buy the ceramic product yourself for 150.00 or less. IF swirl correction is necessary, of course be prepared to pay for it!

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC4stroker View Post
    You make a good point...get a reputable detailer to apply your ceramic, if you're not gonna do it yourself. I am very hesitant to allow any dealership to do it, as my neighbor had a totally botched job applied at the local dealership. And a botched ceramic job is absolutely awful!!!

Also, make sure the price you pay is decent. If you have a car with doesn't require "correction" before the ceramic, judge detailer price on being able to buy the ceramic product yourself for 150.00 or less. IF swirl correction is necessary, of course be prepared to pay for it!
    Great Info. I have been pondering the idea for my wifes new car. One of these days. I'll get the swirl marks out of my truck. You can't machine outside in October. . . LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes NC4stroker, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay to have this done? Was it just applying the ceramic coat or was paint correction involved before?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much did you pay to have this done? Was it just applying the ceramic coat or was paint correction involved before?

Paint correction, lifetime warranty, checked and detailed each year and was $700.00 per vehicle.

15. Likes Stay.Loaded19 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Paint correction, lifetime warranty, checked and detailed each year and was $700.00 per vehicle.
    Ahh ok. Just wanted to see if the prices locally were normal pricing...guess it is. Haha

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    Ahh ok. Just wanted to see if the prices locally were normal pricing...guess it is. Haha

No problem friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast