Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: S&B Ram Air Scoop

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

S&B Ram Air Scoop

Want to get one of these but says it doesn't fit Laramie Longhorn Trim package
    Is there one that does?
    Thanks in Advance

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: S&B Ram Air Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    Want to get one of these but says it doesn't fit Laramie Longhorn Trim package
    Is there one that does?
    Thanks in Advance
    Besides for it being a waste of money? It doesn't work that well. Neither does the Banks. I had one on my 08 with no improvements in return. My buddy has a Banks on his 09, same thing. It just looks cool. Waste of money

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@4406PACK, I noticed your signature says you have the S&B air cleaner setup. By looking into S&B webpages, ( https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intake-scoop-as-1002 ) they said the snout fits the 3500 unit. Did you verify with them it doesn't ? I've never heard of them selling the CAI for a truck and the intake scoop won't fit. And nothing I can see in the installation instruction ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...hjUERla3c/view ) anything that mentions it won't fit the Laramie Longhorn trim.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @4406PACK, I noticed your signature says you have the S&B air cleaner setup. By looking into S&B webpages, ( https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intake-scoop-as-1002 ) they said the snout fits the 3500 unit. Did you verify with them it doesn't ? I've never heard of them selling the CAI for a truck and the intake scoop won't fit. And nothing I can see in the installation instruction ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...hjUERla3c/view ) anything that mentions it won't fit the Laramie Longhorn trim.
    Yep it won't fit my Trim package
    Laramie longhorn
    Verified through clayton with Dudes diesel as well he is trying to see if there is something else out there
    But thanks!

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

i would get one but i have an iron cross bumper...performance wise no increase but im sure if you look at your inlet temps while driving im sure it should reflect outside temps versus the 30 degree difference otherwise

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I remember hearing talk about how the aftermarket air systems (for these ram trucks) clean up the engine compartment and give extra turbo sound but in terms of performance the active air system is as good as anything out there. I would personally only add an aftermarket intake for a better looking engine bay.