Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2004.5 to 2005 motor swap and wiring harness is wrong??

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2004.5 to 2005 motor swap and wiring harness is wrong??

I have a 2004.5 that I blew up and it smashed the computer, now I am putting a 2005 motor in the truck. The 2 wire harness plugs dont match up that go from the engine to the truck. Is there an adapter out there or do I have to change the entire harness on the truck?. Thanks guys

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Good luck with that. You'll have to find a pooter specific to your harness. Take a picture of your smashed one for the bone yards. Have the VIN # and production date handy.

http://car-part.com/ Try that sight. Tons of parts for these.

Last edited by Polaraco; 02-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

And I heard what you said all the way up here. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC