Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0148

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry P0148

alright, im gonna need some help with this. im getting the P0148 Code. im getting fuel from the tank to my CP3.. i dont think my injectors are firing. ive dropped my tank and changed my fuel filter. any help would be great.

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

P0148-fuel Delivery Error

If you have fuel to the CP3, then it may be the rail sensor. Crack I mean 1 turn one of the injector lines, then turn on the key. If you are getting fuel there, then the fuel is moving.

I have to ask. Have you recently done anything to the truck? Need to do forensics first so we're not guessing. Were there any signs up to this point?

What mods do you have?

I have an 03 manual, so we're in luck.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Haven't done anything to the motor myself, but I did have my cam replaced. To what I haven't a clue. I've cracked my lines to my injectors and I'm getting fuel there. Didn't know if the FCA could use my problems. The problem started maybe a month ago and I've never had this issue. I don't have any mods but a upgraded transmission.

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

OPERATION
    High-pressure fuel is supplied from the injection
    pump, through a high-pressure fuel line, through a
    fuel pressure limiting valve, into a fuel rail, through
    high-pressure lines, through steel connectors and
    into the solenoid actuated fuel injector. The ECM
    actuates the solenoid causing the needle valve to rise
    and fuel flows through the spray holes in the nozzle
    tip into the combustion chamber.
    Each fuel injector is connected to the fuel rail by a
    high-pressure fuel line with a steel connector. This
    steel connector is positioned into the cylinder head
    and sealed with an o-ring. The connectors are sealed
    to the high-pressure fuel lines with fittings. The ferrule
    on the end of the high-pressure fuel line pushes
    against the steel connector when the fuel line fitting
    is torqued into the cylinder head. This torquing force
    provides a sealing pressure between both the fuel
    line-to-connector and the fuel connector-to-fuel injector.
    The fitting torque is very critical.
    If the fitting
    is under torqued, the mating surfaces will not
    seal and a high-pressure fuel leak will result. If the
    fitting is over torqued, the connector and injector will
    deform and also cause a high-pressure fuel leak. This
    leak will be inside the cylinder head and will not be
    visible. The result will be a possible fuel injector
    miss-fire and low power.
    The fuel injectors use hole type nozzles. High-pressure
    flows into the side of the injector, the ECM activates
    the solenoid causing the injector needle to lift
    and fuel to be injected. The clearances in the nozzle
    bore are extremely small and any sort of dirt or contaminants
    will cause the injector to stick. Because of
    this, it is very important to do a thorough cleaning of
    any lines before opening up any fuel system component.
    Always cover or cap any open fuel connections
    before a fuel system repair is performed.
    Each fuel injector connector tube contains an edge
    filter that breaks up small contaminants that enter
    the injector. The edge filter uses the injectors pulsating
    high-pressure to break up most particles so they
    are small enough to pass through the injector.
    The
    edge filters are not a substitute for proper
    cleaning and covering of all fuel system components
    during repair.
    The bottom of each fuel injector is sealed to the
    cylinder head with a
    1.5mm thick copper shim (gasket).
    The correct thickness shim must always be reinstalled
    after removing an injector.
    Fuel pressure in the injector circuit decreases after
    injection. The injector needle valve is immediately
    Fig. 15 HIGH-PRESSURE CONNECTOR
    1 - HIGH-PRESSURE CONNECTOR (TO FUEL INJECTOR)
    2 - O-RING
    3 - CONNECTOR RETAINER
    4 - FUEL RAIL
    5 - HIGH-PRESSURE FUEL LINES
    6 - LOCATING PINS

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Not finding much on that. Not covered in the trouble shooting. Are you sure that's the only code you have?

I don't think it will run without the Cam sensor, but I have to try to read all this and comprehend. Since I am a stroke victim, give me some time.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You can have all the time you need bro, we ain't rushing you

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah that's the only code my code reader is pulling up and when I do the key trick.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm not in any rush nor do I wanna throw money at something that's not going to fix the problem. The fuel control actuator is like 298 bucks and it would be a waste if it was the rail pressure sensor.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

That's why I don't want to guess. If I say it's something I want to be able to back it up. I don't like to guess. . . And I have been pretty close to dead nuts on 90%. It's that 10% that will kill ya. LOL

I'm gonna make a call today

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sweet, that would be awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast